Member Locations - User Location Map

webby????

Can of works you don't want to open....

This is the best pic of we by I can give you but my camera then self destructed afterwards, I hate to see what happens if you know where he lives....

Picture067.jpg

My zipcode is 92019! Gotta love San Diego County. Looking for maybe a little club to join..itching to show of my SI a little

My zipcode is 92019! Gotta love San Diego County. Looking for maybe a little club to join..itching to show of my SI a little

Added.

One of the reasons I decided to do this was to aid members in locating other members that may be close to each other.

Added.

One of the reasons I decided to do this was to aid members in locating other members that may be close to each other.
Awesome, I am going to look at the map right now..hopefully I can find some people wanting to meet up..I just got all of my 9thcivic paraphernalia in today so I am about to wash, wax, and tag it up with some 9thcivic stickers lol

Awesome, I am going to look at the map right now..hopefully I can find some people wanting to meet up..I just got all of my 9thcivic paraphernalia in today so I am about to wash, wax, and tag it up with some 9thcivic stickers lol

Unfortunately, we only have a few dozen people on the map so far (I only started it a few weeks ago) and you are the first in the San Diego area and only second in California.

I thought I actually had originally...(guess not)... but it is now a sticky.
re: Location - Webby This should be an option on the member profile page, and if chosen should be displayed with the Member Name on each posting. I agree with MissE that zipcode may be too personal so Near Albany NY, or Western MA would work for me. The "Google Map" thingy has very few entries and is already crowded, hovering over an individual "bubble" is slow and indistinct until the "answer" pops up. Knowing the general area a member lives in adds much perspective to discussions that are weather related (Gas Mileage, etc)

re: Location - Webby This should be an option on the member profile page, and if chosen should be displayed with the Member Name on each posting. I agree with MissE that zipcode may be too personal so Near Albany NY, or Western MA would work for me. The "Google Map" thingy has very few entries and is already crowded, hovering over an individual "bubble" is slow and indistinct until the "answer" pops up. Knowing the general area a member lives in adds much perspective to discussions that are weather related (Gas Mileage, etc)

The member profile page already has the option to display city and state at the user's choice. This is not an easy way to find people within one's area, though. I do like the idea of having location shown with the member name on posts, but having a central location for reference would still be useful.

This thread was only created a few weeks ago. So there will not be a lot of entries yet. As far as being crowded, you can zoom in on the map. If you are not comfortable with giving your zip code, city and state would work just fine. Being able to put "near" on the map would not be possible.

It only takes less than a second to pop up the names associated with a marker for me. Clicking on a marker brings up the information nearly instantaneous. Not sure why you would find it so slow.

But again, this is completely optional and, if you or anyone else is not comfortable with it, then you do not have to participate.

Back