Merc Racing TVS Supercharger

I watched it again and man, he had no wheel spin on launch and crazy fast shifts. If it were me on normal tires and not wanting to break my Trans that would be a mid to high 12s car tbh.

I watched it again and man, he had no wheel spin on launch and crazy fast shifts. If it were me on normal tires and not wanting to break my Trans that would be a mid to high 12s car tbh.
He was running e85, slicks, and his aftercooler wit 2.95" pulley. Not bad for a 9th imo. That's the exact same setup I'm going to be running :cheerleader:

Nice man. To me that's more than just a blower lol. Definitely a setup I wouldn't want to run on a daily driver but hey, everyone has their preferences ;)

I feel like that's pushing the blower to its absolute limits, I am a set it and forget it person so I would like to just install the blower and know it will be good for the next 100k miles or so. Pushing something to 100% doesn't seem like a good way to make it last.

I feel like that's pushing the blower to its absolute limits, I am a set it and forget it person so I would like to just install the blower and know it will be good for the next 100k miles or so. Pushing something to 100% doesn't seem like a good way to make it last.
Good point.

I ran 11.8 with the blower, could of gone faster.
"I feel like that's pushing the blower to its absolute limits, I am a set it and forget it person so I would like to just install the blower and know it will be good for the next 100k miles or so. Pushing something to 100% doesn't seem like a good way to make it last."

Your thoughts on that statement?

He "could have gone faster", because the driver missed 5th gear on the run.

Lol sooo i.won't be going to turbo since the install would be a b!tch with out a reliable mechanic shop around soo looks like this guys getting blowen wish I could be going the tvs rout but I will prolly do the switch when it does come

Last edited:
Lol sooo i.won't be going to turbo since the install would be a b!tch with out a reliable mechanic shop around soo looks like this guys getting blowen wish I could be going the tvs rout but I will prolly do the switch when it does come
Cool now stick with the blower! Lol

Get a turbo!!!! You will eat supercharged Civic's for breakfast.:box:

Haha id love to turbo but I don't love the pita install of it . Maybe I'll do ct-e then tvs then turbo then build the motor that way I'll be able to enjoy the different styles of boost maybe I'll skip the tvs and go straight turbo but for now I think I'll go supercharged

Haha id love to turbo but I don't love the pita install of it . Maybe I'll do ct-e then tvs then turbo then build the motor that way I'll be able to enjoy the different styles of boost maybe I'll skip the tvs and go straight turbo but for now I think I'll go supercharged
Look this is what I'm doing and maybe you would like to go the same route. I'm doing suoercharger now because it's stupid power for such a simple install. Now I will probably go turbo if I get bored with the supercharger but only after my car is paid off because of the install (would be very tough to return to stock).

I don't think you'd blow your trans like that

I don't think you'd blow your trans like that
Our engines don't rev down that fast, when you shift like that your essentially dumping the clutch in every gear. This will put a greater amount of stress on your transmission. To minimize this extra stress you actually need to slow down shifts so that the rpms fall down in line with the next gear before you let the clutch out, this will slow you down though.

Our engines don't rev down that fast, when you shift like that your essentially dumping the clutch in every gear. This will put a greater amount of stress on your transmission. To minimize this extra stress you actually need to slow down shifts so that the rpms fall down in line with the next gear before you let the clutch out, this will slow you down though.
So how light of a flywheel would be ideal for this setup ?

I think a lightened flywheel is only part of getting a faster rev down, the other part has to due with the tuning and the drive by wire throttle pedal which adds a delay to pressing and letting off of the throttle. That being said if I remember correctly I read a 12lb flywheel works pretty good but don't quote me on that.

Back