Might pull the trigger on 2013 Si Sedan

ProZach626

I used to own a 09 Si Coupe. After that I sold it and went to a 08 350Z Hr and I hated the car. I recently got rid of the car and I'm trying to track down a 2013 WRX premium sedan with NO LUCK.

I wasn't a fan of the 9th gen civic, but I wasn't aware of the 2013 redesign. I saw a gray 13 sedan and it looked great! I test drove the car and had more fun in 20 minutes than I did with a year of owning the Z. As I get older (27), and after I had the Z, I realize that it's not speed that does it for me, but the practicality of a well built, good looking, and ultimately fun to drive DD. Not only that, but I'm only a couple thousand dollars shy of paying for the Si straight up, as opposed to being 10k shy with the WRX.

That being said, what are the capabilities of this car? Is it mod friendly like the 8th gen? Is plug and play tuning available?

I'm not looking to break any speed records, but I like to do easy bolt on mods and tasteful subtle cosmetic mods.

Here's a couple shots of my 09:

Last edited:
digging the exhaust. love the burnt titanium look

Welcome brother, love your 8th! Definitely tastefully done. To answer your questions, obviously not as mod friendly as the previous gen but parts continue to come out from time to time and it seems that they're coming out faster for the 9th gen Si than they did for the 8th gen Si. FlashPro is available :thumbsup: and VitViper has an awesome deal on his tune. Stock w/FP these cars are doing around 210 or so. I forgot the exact number. It's a great car, my FG4 is my 4th car and mannnnnnn I've never been happier with a car in my life.

They are not as mod friendly since they are still relatively new. However, some current 8thgen parts can be used.

Thanks, guys. I'm seriously considering it, since I'll just about be able to pay for the car with cash. I wasn't aware of the new 2013 face lift, and I'm pleasantly surprised.

The car has a sticker of 23,500. Would 21,500 be too low of an offer if I do decide to go with the Si?

I can't find any WRX's within 250 miles to drive. (stl area) I drove two 09's... back in 09... I'm really in a tough spot. The civic sounds better and better, because I can have it now and I can pay for it now. I just don't want to regret my decision in a couple months.

Last edited:
So if you've driven the 09, you pretty much know what a 12-13 wrx would feel like. What are your concerns? Purely pricing at this point?

I can't find any WRX's within 250 miles to drive. (stl area) I drove two 09's... back in 09... I'm really in a tough spot. The civic sounds better and better, because I can have it now and I can pay for it now. I just don't want to regret my decision in a couple months.

Throw a turbo on si and never regret again.. Unless your really want AWD

^^^ I'm not much for wheels spin. If I get the SI, I will do Light NA and suspension mods, similar to my 8th gen.

Back