Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

They shut it off when I was on campus last night. CSU San Marcos. A small fire knocked out power to the school.

@bootyluvr Good Morning. I had a big mug of oatmeal, and now I'm browsing classifieds of cars I can't afford. :corngrin:

...Lookin' at you, Acura NSX.

Acura NSX <3 (Not the new ones)

I can't do oatmeal.. Texture thing.

They shut it off when I was on campus last night. CSU San Marcos. A small fire knocked out power to the school.

Oh ****! No school today?

I had class yesterday. As much as I would like to wish the fire would’ve effected my school schedule. I would never wish the stress of a disaster near their house on anyone.

Washed the Subie this afternoon

Bonfire tonight over wife's friends

They contacted me to authorize the teardown of the engine so the inspector can be contacted to come look at it AFTER the teardown is done. They're quoting me @ 8 hours which equals $1000... Dunno how that'll work out later but I hope they're not holding their breath... I reckon I'll hear from them tomorrow some time assuming they started it this afternoon. I'll prolly call tomorrow for an update and to ask about the condition of the PCV valve. I reckon since mine is an early 19 the problem from the 18 could be in play possibly and they may not be aware...a guy can hope anyways. Other than that just backed up on other stuff I need to get done. I'll check in prolly tomorrow some time in the evening. Parents are coming up tomorrow for my sons orange belt test, that's about it with me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Just finalized the plans to pick up that k24z7 that I mentioned earlier this week. The plan is to grab a pickup truck at Uhaul. Pick up the hoist rental. Pick up the engine. Drop the engine at the storage unit I reserved for it. Then return the hoist and truck to their respective places.

Gonna be a busy morning... Here's to hoping I'm able to wrangle this thing by myself! :corngrin:

They contacted me to authorize the teardown of the engine so the inspector can be contacted to come look at it AFTER the teardown is done. They're quoting me @ 8 hours which equals $1000... Dunno how that'll work out later but I hope they're not holding their breath... I reckon I'll hear from them tomorrow some time assuming they started it this afternoon. I'll prolly call tomorrow for an update and to ask about the condition of the PCV valve. I reckon since mine is an early 19 the problem from the 18 could be in play possibly and they may not be aware...a guy can hope anyways. Other than that just backed up on other stuff I need to get done. I'll check in prolly tomorrow some time in the evening. Parents are coming up tomorrow for my sons orange belt test, that's about it with me.

Ouch. Hopefully they just end up taking care of it.

I'm seriously going to cry if they end up turning off power. It's been so hot that I've actually had to run the A/C. If they turn power off I just might sweat to death. :pout:
Wecome to CA:hail:

S’mores?

They did not have S'mores there.

I did bring my own :beer: Drank 2 Sam Adams Octoberfest and 2 Guinness Blondes :thumbsup:

Yeah like I said before they will try everything to deny the claim. Keep fighting! I can see if you didn't tighten the oil filter or the drain plug and oil was leaking everywhere causing the damage but that's not the case.

Ya don't back down and tell you will sue for damages if they don't fix your car:chopwood:

Still no word from Subaru as to where they're at, so I guess we will see Monday.

:shadycorn:
Still no word from Subaru as to where they're at, so I guess we will see Monday.

People next door had a Subaru, 3 engines still didn't work, half a car load of parts then sold for spare parts for another failure Subaru, rust bucket. And now your story of the Boxer failure and none will war a lemon. How many other people go though the same thing-anyone who owns one

You take any car and replace the motor 3 times you did something to blow it up. I have a few close friends and even family with Subaru's and they have never had a single issue.

:haybunny:they were used motors, maybe put in a al ready bad engine, I just don't see much quality in Subaru's, my sister has a outback they seem ok, I drove it goes like a big station wagon, they don't take salty roads very well but nothing really holds up against that. Scotty doesn't like the boxer engines, not much power except for a turbo model, just slightly better than a VW bug-total hunk of junk. Maybe they are ok ,but not impressed by the high price for one. It would seem certain honda is far better made.:hmmm?:

Back