My 14 ilx 2.4L

how do you like it so far? pros/cons?
So far love it. It has that si charm but without that boy racer stereotype attached to it. Only con so far is lack of forums about it. Like for my 9th gen between this site & *************** the support and mods can't be matched.

Well you can pretty much use this forum though...a lot of the mechanics are similar I would assume. Looks great, Im kinda Jelly!

Diggin it. Too bad it doesn't come with a LSD tranny. Such a bad move on acuras part. Wonder if the gear ratios are different.

Diggin it. Too bad it doesn't come with a LSD tranny. Such a bad move on acuras part. Wonder if the gear ratios are different.

Wait the new ilx 2.4 didn't come with a lsd? Why acura! Whyyy!

I know. Wonder if the transmission is exactly like the si with gear ratios just with out the LSD.

You're assuming that the car has a manual transmission.
The ILX doesn't have the LSD because it's not marketed as a "sports car" or "sporty car" It's supposed to me more of a luxury car.
Same platform as the Civic but completely different body and interior.

Well it should have a lsd anyways despite being a luxury car. Ppl that are going to buy the 2.4 are probably wanting a bit more performance if they just wanted a luxury ilx then they would go with the best econ engine and the most stuff. Imo anyways.

You're assuming that the car has a manual transmission.
The ILX doesn't have the LSD because it's not marketed as a "sports car" or "sporty car" It's supposed to me more of a luxury car.
Same platform as the Civic but completely different body and interior.
Really? I know that. But if your using the si engine obviously they want a sporty feel. And our Acura CSX which is based on the 8th gen chassis had the type S model with the si engine and LSD diff. So what changed.

Acura's target demographic has no need for an LSD. Duh.
I understand that so why even offer the motor. Guys like me would like the car with the tuxedo and fun under the skin. Trust me it's made quite a few buyers not go for the ILX. Acura could have kept with the formula as done with the CSX type S. No different to Audi's variant of the A3 and RS3. Trust me guys want the luxury and the power. Would it be a huge money maker maybe not. But it's not like they have to design and engineer and new transmission. Or at leat give the ILX 2.4 a dual clutch. It's competing against the like of the A3. Acura had a TL Type S also so there is heritage there.

I understand that so why even offer the motor.

Acura really hasn't been doing very much right lately based on the sales of all their cars. How about that huge hit they had with the ZDX? Oh right no one bought that.

They used the 2.4L block because Honda sticks a lot of their engines in a lot of different cars. The Civic has it, the Accord has it, the CR-V has it, and the Acura ILX has the same 2.4L block. They just tweak them slightly. It was a lot cheaper to put the k24 in the ILX than something else. It makes decent power for a basically tarted-up civic. All those cars I listed run around 200hp. Also a perfect example of this is the new 2014 Si. The exhaust has been tweaked to find a few extra Hp over the 2012/13.

Thats why the 2.4L is in that car. Asking why they offered that motor is like asking why they would be so stupid as to put a 2.4L in the CR-V. That's definitely not sporty but they put the sporty engine from the SI didn't they! Ught! The Nerve!

They are trying to capture that move up market of young professionals who can't afford a BMW yet but don't want to buy another civic. They have not done well with that.

To be completely accurate all those cars have the K24XX. Again, variants of the same K24, 2.4L, engine block. The "XX" is usually a transmission designation.

K24Z7:

• Found in:
      • 2013-Current Acura ILX
        • Displacement: 2,354 cc (143.6 cu in)
        • Bore and Stroke: 87 mm x 99 mm (3.43 x 3.90 inches)
        • Compression: 11.0:1
        • Power: 201 bhp @ 7000 rpm
        • Torque: 170 lb·ft @ 4400 rpm
        • Redline: 7100 rpm
        • Fuel Cutoff: 7200 rpm
      • 2012-Current Honda Civic Si (US)
      • 2014 Honda Civic Si Sedan and Coupe (US) with re-tuned exhaust boasts higher numbers.
        • Power: 205 bhp @ 7000 rpm
        • Torque: 174 lb·ft @ 4400 rpm

K24Z6:

• Found in:
      • 2010 Honda CR-V (US)
        • Compression: 10.5:1
        • Power: 180 bhp @ 6800 rpm
        • Torque: 161 lb·ft @ 4400 rpm
        • Redline: 7100 rpm
        • Fuel Cutoff: 7200 rpm

• 2012 Honda CR-V (US)
        • Compression: 10.0:1
        • Power: 185 HP @ 7000 rpm
        • Torque: 163 lbs·ft @ 4400 rpm
        • Redline: 7000 rpm

They've also put it in the 2015 TLX. It's getting very good reviews when paired with Honda's new dual clutch transmission.

Reactions: Nix
Back