My 2014 FG3, LX

fg3_colton

Tampa
Vehicle Model
Civic, LX
Body Style
Coupe
After always ending up on this site for help with the many problems I've had with this car over my almost 3 year ownership, I finally decided to join using the Tapatalk app. I look forward to reading everyone's story's about their car, and sharing some of my own. Here is a brief summary of my so far 5 (yes, 5) visits to the dealership for some of the ridiculous stuff I've had to deal with. Visit one was rather abrupt, long story short, my power steering failed. Essentially what had happened was, a crack in the windshield, on the passenger side, caused water to leak on to the PSM thus shorting it out. My dealer flew down a Honda tech after a week of not being able to figure out the root cause (so they say), and 3 days after that, it was fixed with a new windshield and PSM. Visits 2&3 were to two different dealers over an issue with my radio that I'm still dealing with to this day. At night, the lights flicker, and every other day when I start my car, the radio will be frozen and ignore all of the buttons. Forcing me to listen to either nothing or the station I left it on, set to the volume I left it on. Visit 4 was for my drivers side headlight over a crack in the plastic causing water to leak into it (no. I didn't hit anything). Finally, the 5th visit was caused by a gas smell inside the car. Essentially, a rodent of some sort had crawled under the rear seats where the fuel pump is, and chewed at the fuel line, causing it to leak, this was the only repair not under my warranty, and so conveniently, it costed me $897 to repair. Attached below are pictures of my problems, and my beautiful car.
*EDIT December 28th, 2016: Drivers side front wheel bearing failed. Luckily this repair is covered under my warranty. This makes now 6 trips to the dealer in just 2 years.
617d2b8460fa247de4aace3d0d298a2f.jpg
45850927cd435a7a5bc47e874d433808.png
72bbd29c3ffa3ddbec5b491d69dd7b9a.jpg
827f784e5eb932240a4d68eea12f158c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. As a fellow fg3 cbp owner, can't wait to see what comes of your build.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum. As a fellow fg3 cbp owner, can't wait to see what comes of your build.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks! So far it's come a little way with OEM fog lights that I installed, those pep boy special rims [emoji23][emoji23] (I just wanted to get rid of the hubcaps without having to buy new tires as well. Hence why they are still 16's). Eibach Sportline springs. And a couple little things such as Hella yellow DRL's, 6K headlights, and LED tailight bulbs. Once my budget allows I plan on getting coils and doing the full HFP body kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to see the issues you've had before youve had. Welcome to the to the forum though.

Back