My dealership experience from today..

wbarraza

I went to Keyes Woodland Hills Honda in Woodland Hills, CA for a White Civic SI sedan w/ Navigation. They added the protection plan ($750), an alarm ($750, I would think they come with alarms... guess not) and etching ($650). Total price they were asking for is a little over $30,000 without the etching:eek2: .I then said how much is out the door. They said $29,xxx. Retail price is $24,840 without the protection plan and alarm. My pops and I were ready to walk, and the manager came in rudely and said "There are no dealerships around southern california other than us who have this car. I cannot go lower that $29,270." and he brought in a paper that somehow showed there were no other civic Si's in southern california dealerships. So I walked.

I also said I was gonna pay 24 cash. They wouldn't budge whatsoever. Does that price seem fair? too high? I wanna get your guys' opinion on this.

The only si in Southern california? haha what kind of sick joke is that, (buncha frauds) good job walking away.

The only si in Southern california? haha what kind of sick joke is that, (buncha frauds) good job walking away.

Only "Sedan" Si lol. thats still a joke I found 9! hahaha

I just did.. Let's see what they say.

I test drove it, I fell in love with it. very smooth btw. I was already planning on getting the SI but was open to the MazdaSpeed3 but now I am definitely getting the SI

Although cash is a good thing for you because of no financing, it is just another way the dealer is losing money because they cannot obtain financing. Say you're going to finance with them, you'll get a better deal. Then when it comes down to to paperwork "decide" to pay cash.

I'm with everyone else in that you should not be paying 30k for an SI. If anything, tell them you never asked for the extra stuff they installed, so you don't wanna pay for it. Honda can certainly build you one how you want, place an order, it will be worth it.

Although cash is a good thing for you because of no financing, it is just another way the dealer is losing money because they cannot obtain financing. Say you're going to finance with them, you'll get a better deal. Then when it comes down to to paperwork "decide" to pay cash.

I'm with everyone else in that you should not be paying 30k for an SI. If anything, tell them you never asked for the extra stuff they installed, so you don't wanna pay for it. Honda can certainly build you one how you want, place an order, it will be worth it.
Ohh okay thank you.

Yeah i saw that people paid around MSRP as the total in another thread here so 30 was ridiculous. The protection package they added was $750 which includes the wheel locks, splash guards and the trunk tray which was ridiculous! and the Alarm was $750 also....

:popcorn: Keep at it. You'll end up with a good deal.

clevername is an excellent resource on buying cars. Listen to him.

haha i hope so man, Im driving my dads tacoma and since I commute it KILLS me in gas, I have to refill every 2-3 days each time around $65.

Yes he is because he works at a dealership lol

Don't get a MS3!

Why not a MS3? Is it not as good?

I forgot to mention the dealership said that other dealerships charge a $5000 markup because the SI is rare. but they don't do the markup...

there are users who've paid invoice, or very close to invoice on their SI recently. Essentially 1k+ under msrp.

Back