My dealership experience from today..

I went to Keyes Woodland Hills Honda in Woodland Hills, CA for a White Civic SI sedan w/ Navigation. They added the protection plan ($750), an alarm ($750, I would think they come with alarms... guess not) and etching ($650). Total price they were asking for is a little over $30,000 without the etching:eek2: .I then said how much is out the door. They said $29,xxx. Retail price is $24,840 without the protection plan and alarm. My pops and I were ready to walk, and the manager came in rudely and said "There are no dealerships around southern california other than us who have this car. I cannot go lower that $29,270." and he brought in a paper that somehow showed there were no other civic Si's in southern california dealerships. So I walked.

I also said I was gonna pay 24 cash. They wouldn't budge whatsoever. Does that price seem fair? too high? I wanna get your guys' opinion on this.

The price they wanted is definitely too high. When I found the car at my local dealership, I hadn't completely decided to buy it yet. I was looking for an LX 5speed, which they did not have. They only had one 2 dr and one sedan Si available. I was able to look up other dealerships in the area, within about 15-20 miles that had plenty available, LX and SI. After I drove the Si I fell in love, but i didn't let them know, and used that to my advantage. Even after working out a price, I went to take delivery and sign paperwork, and was still able to talk them down in price, because "they were telling me what trim level, and what color I had to get" I told them I was going to go get it from another dealership. At first they were going to call and check the inventory at the other dealership, but once they realized I was serious, they went ahead and dropped the price more.

Just remember, they need the sale more than you need to buy the car. If they want to sell you a car bad enough, then they will meet you on your terms.

i had the same exp at johnson city honda when i was going to buy my civic ex they said that they was the only one that had a 5 speed ex but it was not the color i wanted i wanted dyno blue otd they said 22,500 i said i was going to gatton

i had the same exp at johnson city honda when i was going to buy my civic ex they said that they was the only one that had a 5 speed ex but it was not the color i wanted i wanted dyno blue otd they said 22,500 i said i was going to gatton
I thought they didn't offer a manual ex, only SI and lx? did you end up getting your car from Gatton?

Or you can come to Texas where the tax rate is 06.25% and we usually alway have 0.9%apr or 0%apr for up to 60 months and once in a while send an email blast stating up to $4000 off the MSRP on any in stock vehicle. At my delaership we add Pro Pack (splash guards, wheel locks & trunk tray) $799, Pin Stripes $399, 25% window tinting $299, and body colored door edge guards $299

haha yeah! they didn't realize they had already put the trunk tray and wheel locks, they were gonna charge more for the car but we already had a deal and by the time they realized it already had the locks and the tray it was too late... haha

That's great! Since I work for the dealership as a salesman I went ahead and contracted myself on an incoming White coupe Si and by the time it got there the dealership added pro pack, door edge guards, pin stripes, and 20% window tint and I got it for $300.00 over the dealerships cost. Not too bad if I do say so myself. It's one of two only White coupe Si's in Texas.

That's great! Since I work for the dealership as a salesman I went ahead and contracted myself on an incoming White coupe Si and by the time it got there the dealership added pro pack, door edge guards, pin stripes, and 20% window tint and I got it for $300.00 over the dealerships cost. Not too bad if I do say so myself. It's one of two only White coupe Si's in Texas.
WOW!! you got a great deal!

Back