My First Civic - Love it!

SmilesAustin

Just bought my Civic on June 7th, 2011. It is my first Civic and also my first ever new car after 9 years of driving used cars with high mileage. Finally broke down and bought something brand new.

It's a blue 2012 Civic EX-L with the navigation system. At first, I test drove this car because it was the only one they had with leather and a sunroof (my requirements), but I refused the idea of paying for the navigation system, especially when he priced out a Civic for me without the Navi and it was roughly $1,500 cheaper. I went home and slept on it, and decided that I had to have the one with the navigation system.

Compared to previous 4-cylinder cars that I've owned (or my fiancee has owned and I've regularly driven), I just can't say a single bad thing about this car. It's got better gas mileage than any car I've ever owned by a pretty good margin (about 35% better than the gas mileage we get on the 2003 Ford Focus we own). It's definitely faster than my 1997 Cavalier, the Focus, and I think at least comparable with the 1996 Talon (not the turbo TSI) we owned for a while. Really, it just seems to be a superior car to anything we've ever had.

Why did a choose a Civic when I've never owned one? Simply put: Consumer Report ratings, and a few good friends who have been referring Honda products to me for several years. These cars are virtually bulletproof if you take good care of them, and these I-VTEC engines are pretty fast for a little compact 4-cylinder. 140 horsepower, while not a huge amount by any means, is significantly more than the 100 horsepower my old Cavalier ran, and the 110 horsepower that my Focus runs.

I struggle to find things I don't love about this vehicle. Power seats would have been nice, but the ways where Honda has cut costs in these vehicles make perfect sense to me. I can adjust my own seat. I don't need to know the exact temperature of my engine, or the exact pressure in my tires... just tell me if those things need attention (which it does).

Loving the car! Glad to see a forum dedicated to this machine!

Attachments

• DSC01975 (1024x768).jpg
    DSC01975 (1024x768).jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 21
welcome to the site! Great writeup of your previous vehicles compared to your new ride. Sounds like you found yourself a great car, and will really enjoy it. Great color as well

Back