My LX build

It will probably be a bigger difference for since you got the tie bar. But seriously it's an easy install I did mine in a half hour on my lunch break at work.
yes. I know but i got everything ready. i was to the point of unbolting the 3 bolts on each side and they are tight as hell. my buddy used an impact drill and those things are on there. so i dont have a impact drill so i have to wait till thursday or friday of next week.

yes. I know but i got everything ready. i was to the point of unbolting the 3 bolts on each side and they are tight as hell. my buddy used an impact drill and those things are on there. so i dont have a impact drill so i have to wait till thursday or friday of next week.
also you should get the tie bar. such an easy install aswell. i felt a difference right off the bat. its not that expensive either.

RakgvpV.jpg

f4b61bfe10a0e79659625509013a3da7.jpg
b63d93c5c7d774875509a7325a1d0a8a.jpg
22ed5a834fae4cbab60b1a5843372bd4.jpg

Got a detail with a full paint correction and swirl remover, also got ceramic pro installed. If you don't know what ceramic pro is, watch some YouTube videos on it. Highly recommend it, best investment for your paint job. Water and scratch resist and you don't have to wax for years. Water runs clean off the car. Get your shine on!! Lol

f4b61bfe10a0e79659625509013a3da7.jpg
b63d93c5c7d774875509a7325a1d0a8a.jpg
22ed5a834fae4cbab60b1a5843372bd4.jpg

Got a detail with a full paint correction and swirl remover, also got ceramic pro installed. If you don't know what ceramic pro is, watch some YouTube videos on it. Highly recommend it, best investment for your paint job. Water and scratch resist and you don't have to wax for years. Water runs clean off the car. Get your shine on!! Lol
Nice. It's so shiny.
How much is this job?
Also how much did you pay for bumper repaint? My rear bumper has many paint chips that I already did touch up. But of course it's not looking great. I plan to repaint it one day.
Thanks

Last edited:
@Nomar06 had a similar process done on his civic like a year ago. He said water is still beading off

Nice. It's so shiny.
How much is this job?
Also how much did you pay for bumper repaint? My rear bumper has many paint chips that I already did touch up. But of course it's not looking great. I plan to repaint it one day.
Thanks

Fortunately with me being a fleet manager I have a lot of vendors in my pocket, I got the front end done for free. I got a big discount on the detail with the ceramic pro. I'm sure you can shop around to different detail companies and get a quote, it's expensive roughly around 600+ but def worth the investment. It's water, dirt, and scratch resistant. You won't have to wax for at least 5 yrs. Makes washing 10x easier.

You usually need paint correction prior to applying coatings like Ceramic Pro or OptiCoat. It's usually best to apply it to a new car. That being said, if you're willing to dish out the coin, it's definitely worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

You usually need paint correction prior to applying coatings like Ceramic Pro or OptiCoat. It's usually best to apply it to a new car. That being said, if you're willing to dish out the coin, it's definitely worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

That's why I said its expensive, like you said you do need to do a paint correction and swirl remover first. Which I did. So yea it could cost between 600 to 1000 dollars depending on what you need and how many coats you want. The guy that did mine starts at 1000 for a 5yr coating. Its expensive but worth the investment.

I know how and where to test this scratch resistance. Do detailers or body/paint shops apply?

Just spent days fixing tree branch/brush scrapes on my Tacoma and it would be nice to have a "shell" for the hell I can put on the paint.

Also totally jealous of how shiny and clean that paint is. My CBP paint is looking every bit of its near 5 years and 60,000 miles of use.

I know how and where to test this scratch resistance. Do detailers or body/paint shops apply?

Just spent days fixing tree branch/brush scrapes on my Tacoma and it would be nice to have a "shell" for the hell I can put on the paint.

It won't prevent the damage you did out on the trail. It would have minimized the damage some, but not completely prevent it all.

I had minor paint correction done then I had CQuartz UK(similar product to opticoat) applied to mine a year ago.

This is my car today and not washed for a week....pretty glossy and clean. Prob would be glossier if it was black...

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back