My Oem Projector Headlights (Ebay Replicas) Set up and Review.

Jeffuhnator

Hayward
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan

So I recently installed some "Oem Projector Headlights"... except mine are replicas off of ebay. The headlight itself are well made for replicas and mine has a little chip, but no one will notice it unless they look up close or if I point it out like how I did in the video.

The beams that are given off when I turn on my low beams are scattered unevenly.

However, I've read the cause of this can be from putting hid's in "halogen projectors" or it could be from the headlights themselves as they are replicas. :oops:.
The next best thing I can do is just adjust the height and align them. I have not messed with it yet, but the height seems fine to me, maybe just a little lower and it should be good.

***!!!WARNING: A LOT OF HARNESSES!!!*** :omg:

For my low beams. I used "H11: Morimoto Elite HID system" which consisted of:
  • HD Relay
  • xb35 5000k (Was aiming for as white as possible.) Will try 6000K next time. I think they're more white?
  • 3Five Ballasts
Link: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-h11.html#.UvN7T2SwKi1

P.S. The HD Relay made things more complicated when installing. I on't think it's necessary to have, but the point of the relay can be read here: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/morimoto-h11-low-beam-relay-wire-harness.html#.UvN5dmSwKi0
I already forgot, but I believe I ended up having 1 connection unused on the passenger's side and 2 connections unused on the driver's side because of this relay. Because instead of using "power/electricity" from the stock plug-in harness, you're using the new plug-in harness provided from the hd relay which draws power straight from the battery.

P.S.2. You'll need a 9006 to H11 Harness:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130605414822?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Day Time Running Lights (DRL's)/High Beams:
High Beams are useless now, since I have led's. Which I got from here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380760002089?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
I was aiming to get white as well to match with my low beams, but now that I thought about it. I'll never have both of them on at the same time unless I use my high beams, but my high beams aren't even functional so... :turbospin:

P.S. They barely made it into the housing, I scraped a little bit of material when twisting them into the housing and the dust got onto the inside of the lens housing (since I installed it with the whole headlight housing off and facing down). You can use compressed air to blow it out, but I just blew inside the parking light housing (helped a little, but no one's gonna notice).

P.S.2. You'll need a harness for this as well:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300869415432?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
You can get it here or from ijdmtoy, but if you look for better deals on ebay, this is the only listing I was able to find, just letting you guys know.

Parking Lights (194) and Signal Lights (7440):
I actually got 194NA and 7440A which are amber versions which are why they both end with "A". They're Silvania brands and got them from autozone.

P.S. You'll also need a harness to run these as well: http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-oem-halogen-projector-headlights.4834/#post-81136
Here's one listed up for sale on ebay:
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-oem-halogen-projector-headlights.4834/#post-81136
I bought my harness from this same person, I was going to make it, but I decided to just not mess with my stock harness.

P.S.2. I'm not the seller lol. His name just happens to be Jeff too.

FIN. :turboleghump:

Last edited:
Also if anyone can tune in on how some people are getting their headlights to alternate from parking to signal light when signaling or from using the emergency lights like this:

??

Lights look good! Output is normal on those when you try to put HID bulbs in them. They weren't made for hids, so the light output is not the same as halogen.

Maybe shoot an email to these people - Email info@evogarage.com
they did the projectors in that vid you posted above. Maybe they can explain what's needed to do the blinking that way.

I've seen newer cars have those alternating lights. I really don't like them, but that's just my humble opinion.

Lights look good! Output is normal on those when you try to put HID bulbs in them. They weren't made for hids, so the light output is not the same as halogen.

Maybe shoot an email to these people - Email info@evogarage.com
they did the projectors in that vid you posted above. Maybe they can explain what's needed to do the blinking that way.
Oh cool, so it isn't the headlights, but I'll have to adjust them to aim lower to the ground. Thanks, I'll shoot them an email!
I've seen newer cars have those alternating lights. I really don't like them, but that's just my humble opinion.
What is the proper oem function supposed to be like though? Is it supposed to alternate or is it supposed to be like how mine already are. :think:

Also, I had VSA, Power Steering and Traction Control turn on when I drove it home after installation at my cousin's house. No lights came on when I started up my car to test them. I looked it up and people are saying that they have the same issues. What everyone is doing is unplugging the battery for about 5 minutes. I left mine disconnected all night last night and connected my battery before work and the lights went away. I started up my car tonight after work to drive home and the 3 CEL codes came on again. I drove it home and disconnected the battery once again. What's the dealio?

Also, I had VSA, Power Steering and Traction Control turn on when I drove it home after installation at my cousin's house. No lights came on when I started up my car to test them. I looked it up and people are saying that they have the same issues. What everyone is doing is unplugging the battery for about 5 minutes. I left mine disconnected all night last night and connected my battery before work and the lights went away. I started up my car tonight after work to drive home and the 3 CEL codes came on again. I drove it home and disconnected the battery once again. What's the dealio?

Take it to the dealer, there's a software update that needs to be performed. Mine just did the same thing.

Take it to the dealer, there's a software update that needs to be performed. Mine just did the same thing.
And any dealer will work, or do I have to go to the one where I purchased the car? Because the one where I got the car is kind of far and im lazy haha.

Also if anyone can tune in on how some people are getting their headlights to alternate from parking to signal light when signaling or from using the emergency lights like this:

??

i don't think anyone has figured out how to make the wig wag signals for non @team3d purchased headlights. i atleast haven't seen it yet. i could be wrong.

sequential signal is a safety device....

when you get t-bone in the intersection (trying to make a left), you will wish your vehicle is equip with sequential signal or side markers/signal mirrors

Last edited:
sequential signal is a safety device....

when you get t-bone in the intersection (trying to make a left), you will wish your vehicle is equip with sequential signal or side markers/signal mirrors
@team3d How could you say that? You better take that back and knock on wood. It should be "if" and certainly not "when"! :sadface:.
Also, do you know if the headlights are supposed to have that function by oem default or is that "custom"? Also, if anything, last time I checked on the other site, you guys weren't selling your harnesses separately, so I find it unfair for you to tease.

But moving on... are the pictures of the genuine oem projector's using halogen or are they using hids'?

say what? the solely function for sequential signal is to avoid being t-boned during intersection... this been on honda since the early 80's since the introduction of 1pc headlights, honda start to remove sequential signal function...

just go check out 94-97 accord, old integras and ef civic when parking light & signal light is separate...

say what? the solely function for sequential signal is to avoid being t-boned during intersection... this been on honda since the early 80's since the introduction of 1pc headlights, honda start to remove sequential signal function...

just go check out 94-97 accord, old integras and ef civic when parking light & signal light is separate...

Because you said "when you get t-bone in the intersection" making it sound like it's definitely going to happen. It should be "if you ever". But knock on wood still. (Even if it was a reply to @Pauly99to17 ) Though the risks aren't potentially high, it's human error and stupidity. There are many cars that have inner turn signal lights
and even 08-12 Honda Accords

My risks are the same as the people who own and drive these cars everyday. If it's really a hazard, wouldn't it be required to be standard?

Also, when you say "sequential", I'm assuming you mean "alternating" because it's alternating the lights to flash back and forth from inner turn signal to outer turn signal.

Many cars don't even have the feature to start from the very beginning. The majority of the cars on the road use outer/corner turn signals. Therefor, that is not even alternating nor sequential. Result, they turn out fine and they still get into accidents due to driver error and stupidity.

Next, this is proper "sequential" turn signals,
Just google "Sequential turn signals"
https://www.google.com/search?q=lexus turn signal&oq=lexus turn signal&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.4905j0j4&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=91&ie=UTF-8#q=sequential turn signals&tbm=vid

This is "alternating"
google as well
https://www.google.com/search?q=lexus turn signal&oq=lexus turn signal&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.4905j0j4&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=91&ie=UTF-8#q=alternating turn signals&start=10&tbm=vid

I'm just upset because I tried purchasing a harness and messaged you and never, NOT EVEN once replied to my message on the "other site" regarding the purchase of a harness. It's been a month already.
42a094e6-c1b8-4fd6-aa2a-2e8eb33d7cda_zps24bccf4c.png

I understand *IF* you gave your partners the word to tell me "no" and that's why you didn't respond to me, but if you didn't reply just because?.... I find that rude.

69233cb6-8d27-40a9-8e56-86dce9edc427_zps902e5e6c.png

I was wanting to have the function from the very beginning, but I'm fine without it. I'm just sad and a little upset how you'd say "sequential signal is a safety device....

when you get t-bone in the intersection (trying to make a left), you will wish your vehicle is equip with sequential signal or side markers/signal mirrors"

As if you're teasing me or recommending me to get the function when I ALREADY attempted to have it equipped, if you want to help. I'd appreciate if you could show how to make it possible or show pictures of your harnesses.

Idk... something just triggered me to go off. I apologize . :(

Back