NAVI/AUDIO wire sizes

nikey22

Canada
Vehicle Model
LX-NAVI
Body Style
Sedan
what are the general sizes of wires for the harnesses. Specifically CONNECTORS A, B, C, E.
If anyone has a chance, take a pic of the harness near the connectors

for example - 2012 LX/EX-NAVI:
CONNECTOR A - has white and black wires for power - 12V battery, they seem small caliber for the job.
CONNECTOR B (NAVI) has B10 and B20 for powering the NAVI screen, again - 12V, yet they seem smaller than the A connector wires.

I've also thought 12V battery wires should be larger.
CIVIC EX SEDAN (non-premium) CONNECTOR A (24P).jpg

Last edited:
just need to figure out AWG wire sizes are being used for 12V power/ground. I surmise that they would be pushing 10A, since the NAVI/RADIO fuse is 10A.

Its interesting that the holes for the power/ground wires on the A CONNECTOR are larger than the rest, yet for the B CONNECTOR (which powers the navi screen), appears to be a smaller gauge... maybe less amperage needs to be used there??

Will need this info for NAVI install.

Last edited:
I will double check at work today, but I think the main audio power is 16 gauge wire.
Can't speak for the rest but I would assume they would be 18 or so.

As for their gauge selection, this is all speculation here, but the stereo doesn't have an amp in it (Ex-L).
So it is not pulling a great deal of amperage, so there is no need for a higher gauge wire. If you look at the amp
power wire, it is probably a higher gauge perhaps 14 or 12. My guess is 14 or 16. It's been a while since I did my
amp mod, and don't remember the wire gauge.

Hope that helps a little

yes thank you, it helped.
When I open it up to do the mod, I will compare the existing wire gauge with known sizes.
I'm looking at some website to help choose the correct wire size for a 12V DC circuit, knowing that the NAVI/AUDIO system is 10A fused.

Back