Navi startup

JonnyRotten

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
coupe
Does anyone else find it annoying having to push the "OK" button on the Navi every time you start your car?? :pat:
I have another vehicle from another manufacture with Navi and the updated map CD also updated the software so that you only have to agree with the warning message once and awhile.

funny-pictures-cat-asks-you-to-not-press-that.jpg

Sorry if I came off as sarcastic, but it's true. If you don't press the button, the screen will automatically go dark within a few seconds. Just use the controls on your steering column and your i-Mid will do the rest. Only real time you need to deal with the navi screen is if you need better audio controls or when you actually need to use the navigation.

And yes, I find it annoying but there's no way to get rid of it without having someone with excellent coding knowledge to hack it for us.

:yeahthat: unless you need your nav options, just ignore the screen prompt.

plus my phone doesn't connect until i hit OK and i kinda like having the blue tooth so i guess i am just gonna have to keep saying OK!

I could understand swapping it out, the navigation is pretty bothersome

:yeahthat: unless you need your nav options, just ignore the screen prompt.
If you ignore the screen promt the Bluetooth won't connect to your phone. I like having my phone connected so it's ready when someone calls me. It's annoying to have to hit OK every time you start your car AND really unnecessary.

good question, will have to report back when it's done. Couple of pro's: Hopefully cleaner sound that I get with my current setup. More features in Pioneer navi to integrate with my iphone, bigger navi screen. Con's: Costs a bunch of money, not sure if I'll get better sound, will lose bt buttons on steering wheel and will lost song info and navi in iMID. The last one was the toughest to deal with. I love the iMID. Wish it could display more but a good first effort. My philosophy, within my budget, get a good econo car, put in a killer sound system. Last time i did this was in '98 and my neon had Diamond Audio S600's (before they sold out and ruined their name), diamond mid range in rear, JL Audio 12" sub, and three PPI PC amps (before they sold out and started making junk) At one point the stereo was worth more than the car, lol. I'm a low budget audiophile. I hit the lottery and I'm really going to pimp a ride out...lol

good question, will have to report back when it's done. Couple of pro's: Hopefully cleaner sound that I get with my current setup. More features in Pioneer navi to integrate with my iphone, bigger navi screen. Con's: Costs a bunch of money, not sure if I'll get better sound, will lose bt buttons on steering wheel and will lost song info and navi in iMID. The last one was the toughest to deal with. I love the iMID. Wish it could display more but a good first effort. My philosophy, within my budget, get a good econo car, put in a killer sound system. Last time i did this was in '98 and my neon had Diamond Audio S600's (before they sold out and ruined their name), diamond mid range in rear, JL Audio 12" sub, and three PPI PC amps (before they sold out and started making junk) At one point the stereo was worth more than the car, lol. I'm a low budget audiophile. I hit the lottery and I'm really going to pimp a ride out...lol
I'm curious to know what Civic you are driving? For me it's more about the performance of the actual vehicle. The sound system is not a high priority. I bought the Si for performance and sometimes I even turn off the stereo so I can hear the engine. Having said that, to each his/her own. I'm not judging you. For me I would rather spend the little extra money I have on vehicle mods to increase performance.

I'm curious to know what Civic you are driving? For me it's more about the performance of the actual vehicle. The sound system is not a high priority. I bought the Si for performance and sometimes I even turn off the stereo so I can hear the engine. Having said that, to each his/her own. I'm not judging you. For me I would rather spend the little extra money I have on vehicle mods to increase performance.

Yep, to each his own. I'm dangerous in any car that can move. Had a buddy's BMW 5 series tooling around in Germany back in 91. Got it up to 240 kph and was accelerating when I had to slow down for cars. Kind of do that to any car I get in so I beat that urge by driving cars that can't do that. My goal is performance while getting 30 mph which is why I wanted a mini. I have a Coupe EX-L so there is no performance in it. And for me, the sound system is the priority. Works better when I'm on the car audio forum, lol. I do enjoy watching all of you tweak your rides to get max performance out of them.

Back