Navigation Software Update - Now Available!

Received my USB stick, plugged it in and nothing happened? so I go to the "MAP Update" and it says theres nothing to update? what gives? So I plug it in my pc to see whats on it, thinking, did they send me a blank, but there's files on it, 7.36gigs worth.
"Preparation" section of the included instruction manual:
Locate the USB interface required for the Navigation Map Update.

CR-V & Civic vehicles: The USB interface is located in a holder in the upper portion of the Glove Box. Using your hand, pull down the USB cable from above.

007b.jpg

I had planned on making a DIY article for this, but Navteq has yet give me my ******* password.

Interesting. I thought we use the USB port that is mounted in the armrest console.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NAVTEQ Order Confirmation

Navigation.com Takes a New Direction!
Whether its determining which type of navigation system or device to buy, or looking for alternative ways to use GPS, the newly designed navigation.com provides a better understanding of navigation and how to best incorporate it into your everyday lives. Learn more

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for your order with NAVTEQ Maps. Your complete satisfaction is our goal.
Your new navigation map update will allow you to save driving time, reduce fuel consumption and ensure your navigation system reflects real world conditions!

Line 1
Product U4837-0060-209
Description 2013 Yellow USB Map Update v9.C0
Quantity 1
Total Line Item-Value $ 149.00

Order number 21200XXX0XX
Was entered on 12/20/12

Device Number: 92740113
Activation code: B958FF96010B
Discount Free Shipping

Sub Total $ 149.00
Shipping & Handling $ 0.00
Tax $ 10.43
Order Total $ 159.43
Shipped By Ground (5-12 Days)

Please remember that all shipping times are relative to when your order is processed by our warehouse. We ship orders Monday thru Friday (excluding US holidays). Processing time may be as short as a few hours and up to 36 hours dependent on when your order is placed. All orders are subject to availability of the items purchased.

If you have any questions please call us Toll-Free at 866-344-2916 or e-mail us at NABC_English@navteq.com

This is an outbound message only - you cannot reply to it. Please call our customer call center at 888-NAV-MAPS (888-628-6277) if there is anything else we can help you with.

Again, thank you so much for your order.

Kind regards,

NAVTEQ Map Update Team

Last edited:
well this sux, what can we do then? idea's?
Unfortunately our options are to either wait for a password or return it. My patience is wearing very thin.
I was originally going to return it for a refund and order a new one with an auto-generated password, but now that I know even that isn't working, I'm out of ideas.
I just want them to fix this.

Sheesh. What a fiasco. Hopefully they will get this fixed soon. Also, Honda should be giving out some credits for this mess.

problem is Darkk, is that this is not honda, they sub it to NAVTEQ so they wash there hands of any liability ;/ we can only go after NAVTEQ for credit and or refunds, yes it does make Honda look bad, all we can do is let Honda know whats going on. So who's up for that challenge?

A case number was generated and brought up to corporate, now there policy states they have 24 to 48 hrs to resolve the issue.

Case # 743175

Did you get a case made too?

A case number was generated and brought up to corporate, now there policy states they have 24 to 48 hrs to resolve the issue.

Case # 743175

Did you get a case made too?
They provided a case number both times I called and told me the same thing. "This issue is awaiting a response from Corporate." Whatever that means.
It took 15 days for them to call me back the first time. It's been 20 days thus far for my latest.

They provided a case number both times I called and told me the same thing. "This issue is awaiting a response from Corporate." Whatever that means.
It took 15 days for them to call me back the first time. It's been 20 days thus far for my latest.

Honda Corporate isn't too far from me. Could drive up there and say, "Whattz up???" lol

Yeah, hang in there. Least they are aware of it.

called back again and now there saying 3-5 business days! so the end of Monday Dec 14th is the final day i'll call and see what they have to say. If nothing then i'll wait till I get a working password, and say it didn't work again and ask for a refund.

Last edited:
Does the 2012 have dvd drive/disk reading capability? Like has anyone tried burning a dvd of mp3's or whatever to see if it'd read them? They always used to use dvd disks in the past for updates. It makes me curious if the 2012+ models do not have a dvd laser in them? There were never any passwords or whatever used when updating. You put the dvd in, and ran the update...done. So.... it makes me wonder why the change. I have to think the cost of dvd's versus usb sticks is not the reason for using the usb sticks. Piracy...or the 2012's don't have dvd lasers in them? Maybe both reasons.... Anyone?

called back again and now there saying 3-5 business days! so the end of Monday Dec 14th is the final day i'll call and see what they have to say. If nothing then i'll wait till I get a working password, and say it didn't work again and ask for a refund, but update the car and send it back, lol suckers. thats what they get for F ing us like this
Don't you mean January 18th?
I'm not holding my breath.

Does the 2012 have dvd drive/disk reading capability? Like has anyone tried burning a dvd of mp3's or whatever to see if it'd read them? They always used to use dvd disks in the past for updates. It makes me curious if the 2012+ models do not have a dvd laser in them? There were never any passwords or whatever used when updating. You put the dvd in, and ran the update...done. So.... it makes me wonder why the change. I have to think the cost of dvd's versus usb sticks is not the reason for using the usb sticks. Piracy...or the 2012's don't have dvd lasers in them? Maybe both reasons.... Anyone?
You must be hoping Navteq responds to this...?

Back