Navigation Software Update - Now Available!

I understand the nav is prompting the pw. Mine never did that on past Honda vehicles. That's why I was thinking it's their way of combatting DVD disk piracy. I could be wrong.

They have passwords from the nav company navteq or whatever

Ah got it. Was the only thing I could think of. Wonder why they are being so shoddy about this update?

Called them today 7pm ish. CSR said there waiting to here back from there Corp. office which is waiting to hear back from Honda Corp. I have till the jan 20th to do my return she said that it will be the 30 day return mark for there return policy. All I gotta do is open a RMA on that day. I might do this and say phuck it.

I'll be escalating my case personally to Corporate soon. I'm well beyond the return period and I've had enough of this ****.

I'd return it as well... if they resolve the pw problems, they should contact the users who have purchased the update & had the issues.

Im not sure if this was answered, does anyone know how to get this for free? Or does anyone know how to flash like google maps to the navi proportion, so we could have free updates?

My main idea was getting this car with navi was so I will have up to date navigation, but if it's going to cost me 150 bucks a year to upgrade I would rather rip it out and burn it and use my droid.

I am an IS Major but I dont know how to access the core of the memory root of the Navi.

If someone could tell me how they installed the usb on their navi to update, I could skype with them and make a flash package for all of us to use, if the usb drive isnt coded with out vin or some other special code that is linked to a single car (im not that good at unlocking programs)

I've not seen anyone do anything like what you're suggesting. I would skip the navigation.

My main idea was getting this car with navi was so I will have up to date navigation, but if it's going to cost me 150 bucks a year to upgrade I would rather rip it out and burn it and use my droid.
There's no requirement to upgrade the maps yearly. With my last car, I upgraded every other year and still didn't actually get any use out of the updates.
If your area is constantly under new road construction or you simply travel a lot, you'll find more value in it.
I wouldn't have bought my car without OEM navigation simply because I'm an idiot who gets lost constantly, so for that the navigation has paid off in spades.

Yep. Until now with GPS I've always used portable store bought ones and update them every couple of years. Map updates most of the time are usually couple of years out of date anyway. Hell some roads around here been built over years ago and it's still NOT on the map after recent update. My 2012 Navi is still fairly recent and those roads aren't shown either so figured they are getting from the same source.

So every couple of years should be fine.

I got the Navi because it looks cool, LOL. Plus I live in NYC and cops r ***** if they see anything close to a cell in ur hand ticket and points.

I really just want to figure away to hack the firm ware and boot Droid on it or run an App off the core of the Navi OS so I can get red light, and Gmaps on it

I'm sure you'd be given some type of hacker of the year award if you figure out a way. It's been brought up on endless honda forums over the years.

Back