Navigation Software Update - Now Available!

maybe set up a reward for that and spread it everywhere. And we all the members of this and any other forum for the 9th pay that reward. This forum have over 2400 members lets say at least 200 willing to give $10 and from the other forum. around $4k I think one of thoses tech geeks will be willing to spend sometime for $4k ............ IF ITs NOT GONNA MAKE PROBLEMS FOR YOU GUYS.

Called today before my 30 days is up like is was told from a number of CSR's, and this women is so rude/bitchy right from the start, and not help full at all. Now she says I have to get it approved to do a return because it's a "activation code product".

WARNING WARNING: EVERYONE THAT WANTS AN UPDATE FROM THEM DON"T BOTHER, BIG WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. ALL YOU"LL GET IS FRUSTRATION TO THE MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm going to continue with the return and take that deck out and put in something better, the GPS maps suck anyways. Hell my TomTom app on my iPhone is 100X better and updates are free with redlight camera notification free.

I got to play with the Alpine NAVI unit today while getting my car tinted. It's really nice system. Been told sometime this summer it'll be 100% plug and play for our cars. They already have wiring harnesses for other model cars so they wouldn't have to splice any wires. Very cool Alpine!

So maybe summer comes around you might take a look at it as a replacement for the stock Honda model.

Call up your cc company & file a claim with the bbb if they won't return it.

They finally approved the return gave me an RMA # and return shipping address. I copied the contents of the USB though, hehehe I will post a link, maybe someone can bypass the password prompt/VIN check

Last edited:
I called about this update a couple of weeks ago. They told me that the update has been released in the US but not in Canada. He also said that they were holding back orders in the US due to issues they were having.

I called about this update a couple of weeks ago. They told me that the update has been released in the US but not in Canada. He also said that they were holding back orders in the US due to issues they were having.

there is no difference from canada to the usa, all honda civic are built in Canada too, but anyways yah they have mega issues across the broad.

there is no difference from canada to the usa, all honda civic are built in Canada too, but anyways yah they have mega issues across the broad.

Understood. That's what I told the person on the phone. He said the NAV updates are released to the US market before Canada.

IXudx.gif

I think it started with a C, but I can't recall. I tossed it once I got it working.

I reopened a case with Navi to get the password again after I got the approval return RMA number, my excuse was to have it approved before the 30 day limit while waiting for the password just in-case it took too long. Sent it back 2 week ago and made sure I seen the refund go back to my credit card, then called a few times to follow up on getting that password again on another opened case and today they gave me a new one. Now i'll copy the files to my usb and do a free update. ;p

EDITED:

Realized I should have looked at the formatting of there USB stick, oops.
First attempt didn't work, Here's the settings.
39146913.jpg

This worked, just format using the default FAT32 settings, see below. Volume label doesn't matter!

38685674.jpg

So I've completed the update, and so far all I can see beside newer maps is that it loads right into the GPS, no need to hit ok button any longer. Much better! No option to be notified of a text msg or any of the other options found in the 2013. ;( oh well.

Last edited:
So im guessing we lucked out of getting the 2013 features to our Navis huh? Not worth the price tag IMO.

seems like it, only thing changed that was reported by another member was the starting warning screen loads right into the maps now.

Back