Need a New 2014 SI Coupe Front End Advice

NotMattalliSI

Lansing, MI
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
Hey - My 9th Gen has had some bad luck in the front end department. Let's just say I am going on 2-1/2 front bumper covers/grills/underlying plastic etc.

These are first world problems so know these are just my opinions and I am asking for advice which path to go.

I think my current front end with Honda body kit is just to busy. The earlier 9th Gen's had a nice square front end but IMHO needed a square body kit to lower the front gap. Here is my front.

Here is the first front end kit that I have seen listed to fit the Coupe as well as the Sedan. Actually has my curiosity as I thought the two fronts were different. I'll call them Tuesday to see what is included. Here is the e-bay but I would like to deal direct with a supplier and see what else I can do. E-bay link http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIT-2012-20...IP-/222063133470?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Looks like I wouldn't need to remove my OE reinforcement bar but if I recall correctly, the older Gen had vendors that sold a replacement tubular one vs. the stock aluminum I-beam which mine is bent.

Sorry long post but open to different vendors, opinions, shots of fronts as alternatives. If there is a 2012 cover with a body lower kit I would be curious.

Thanks guys - Happy Big WeekEnd Woooo!!!

To clarify, that is either front end #1 or #2. #2-1/2 looks quite a bit rougher at the moment hence my need for parts. But if you can buy something new and unique, I am down for that.

The headlights have been changing every year. Be careful with fitment. I know a few people have successfully swapped coupe/sedan bumpers though. That part should be interchangeable but the year to year differences have been so significant I don't know that one that fits 2012/13 would fit the 14/15 cars at all. I think even the fenders are different.

The silver one looks good though.

It looks like the manufacturer is ABS Dynamics and they have wholesaler dealers to sell their stuff.

http://www.absdynamics.com/2012-2104/2012-2104-products_c237p1.php

The warning notices are unnerving but understandable. I have a older Z-28 with a fiberglass front end and it took some work.

Guaranteed Fitment! (If you follow our instruction.)

Installation: All parts must be prepped and installed by a professional body shop that has experience working with unfinished fiberglass car parts including but not limited to cutting, heating, filling, sanding, and shaving. Extra fees will be incurred for prepping parts for fitment. Removal of the bumper reinforcement bars maybe necessary to mount/hang front and rear bumpers.

Curious on the urethane compound they use. Not sure what the stock cover is made from nor if the durometer is different needing special flexpaint. I may murder the thing out for the first year.

The front fenders/hood/headlights/grill and bumper changed in 14 for the coupes. You can't just slap a 2012 coupe bumper on without issues.

The front fenders/hood/headlights/grill and bumper changed in 14 for the coupes. You can't just slap a 2012 coupe bumper on without issues.

Yes - I get that. There are threads on the internet about 'upverting?' from 2012 to 2014. ~$1,700 in parts alone. I'd like an aftermarket front end. This month's winner with the 2016 - theirs look different and better in my opinion. If I am going to replace then I will do with more pleasing to me.

Oops and case and point. I like his 2012 front end OEM or aftermarket better than mine. I don't see choices for the 2014+ but have someone in CA calling me back as a distributor.

Be careful with anyone saying they have 2014+ coupe parts that will work without issue. There are no coupes to make molds from in china/taiwan etc. That is why you see more aftermarket body parts that work on the sedan. They have the sedan to make molds.

I feel your pain @NotMattaliSI. I have a 2015 coupe and have been looking hard for somethin to change up the front end. I've almost considered swapping to a 2013 front end, fenders, etc. Just so I can swap aftermarket sedan bumpers. At the end of the day, not worth the cash, so I'll bide my time until something comes up or I'll make somethin else work. That is a nice front end you're looking to do tho.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I feel your pain @NotMattaliSI. I have a 2015 coupe and have been looking hard for somethin to change up the front end. I've almost considered swapping to a 2013 front end, fenders, etc. Just so I can swap aftermarket sedan bumpers. At the end of the day, not worth the cash, so I'll bide my time until something comes up or I'll make somethin else work. That is a nice front end you're looking to do tho.

What's wrong with the front end on your car?:confused: You know you can get HFP stuff for your car that can spice things up a little bit? or just get a lip

What's wrong with the front end on your car?:confused: You know you can get HFP stuff for your car that can spice things up a little bit? or just get a lip
Not necessarily that anything is wrong, just want something different. I personally don't care for the hfp stuff because they split the front end into two pieces. Have looked into some lips, but haven't made a choice yet.

I always thought the coolest thing about these Civics is that everywhere I go, I see one that looks a little different to me. It takes me time as I don't know all the Sedans or variances but the thing is everyone is customized in some way. Rattle can paint to subtle lines. Now, when a part breaks, a section is damaged, then I want to go with something better or different.

If there is a different front end to be bought, I am the first in line. Looking for a square Mugen look or something different. May be a de-badged center shaved fiberglass front end where people have no idea of the make of the car behind them. Aero is cool but only goes so far.

Why no [2] door in Japan? My kidoo keeps sending links to crazy cars to buy that are coupes. How about a 26 year old Skyline? Feel old yet? https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5578043667.html

For the interim, I am thinking about cutting out the honeycomb and installing steel mesh. We have black powder coated safety mesh (think bottom guarding to keep hands out of machine parts) that I could first bend round to match the curve of the front end then bend parts over to attach to the existing grill pillar components.

For example, if you have had your front end apart, the fog lights and the attachments are really cheesy. You can walk up to a Civic SI and yank a fog light right out. Yoink!
What if I cut that entire backing section out and did mesh and mounted the lights into the steel.

Steel mesh, heavy duty screen, ... I think I could get my hands on what it takes. I have nothing to lose.

Japan didn't even get the 9th gen civic (sedan or coupe). They had annual sales of around 9000 civics the year prior, so they discontinued it. They blamed the lack of sales on consumers saying the car was too big supposedly. Not sure how I feel about your mesh screen idea, as it makes me think of the cheap ebay fiberglass body kits of the 90's or early 2000's. It's your car though.

Reactions: Nix
Back