Need help installing OEM Navi System

lyfeoflucas

Hey guys,

i was recently given the entire interior of an Si and im planning on installing it this weekend. However i am thinking that the Navi will be too hard for me to handle. If so, i may need to pay someone to do it. Is there anywhere here a DIY on how to install Navi into a non Navi Civic?

Also, what do you think the difficulty will be like...

What year civic did it come out of, and what year civic is it going into?

I heard that a premium system will not work in a non-premium civic. With that being said, the navi unit i have is premium and im wondering if it will work in my civic. I bought the navi off of an si...

Are you planning to retrofit the amp and sub/premium speakers from the SI?

Premium audio uses different speakers, a sub, and an amp. You just have the navi unit?

Premium audio uses different speakers, a sub, and an amp. You just have the navi unit?
where is the sub and amp located?? if its in the DASH, then i should have it. i literally have the ENTIRE dash, still together...is it in there?

This is a NAVI unit:
Can someone fill in all the rest here please? (updated, thank you Pauly99to17)
CIVIC 2012 NAVI - BACK.JPG

Last edited:
For those of you with NAVI, are you able to put in a USB stick in the centre console and then use it to shuttle through music like we can with the non-NAVI units? Or, is there something different about that set up

I have a '13'Si with Nav and I can use a memory stick in the console. It sounds like the same setup as what you had before.

Is this correct for 2012 LX/EX/EX-L?

1. Premium Audio System NAVI (External Amp)
2. Non-Premium System NAVI (internally amplified)
3. stock Radio NON-NAVI (internally amplified)

Part # are different

Last edited:
yes, they had this option on the 2012's as well, I should have added it:

4. Premium Audio System NON-NAVI (External Amp)

Rear View Camera option on the NAVI system CONNECTOR F (7P) is missing, beside CONNECTOR B (20P)

2012-07-04_10-12-59_774.jpg

Last edited:
CONNECTOR E(16) controls: B-CAN; HandsFreeLink and Auxiliary jack inputs. (It also has provisions for subwoofer and mute for the Premium based audio systems).
However, It turns out that CONNECTOR B(20P) and CONNNECTOR E(16P) seem to share alot of terminals.

If anyone has the NON-PREMIUM NAVI unit (found in the EX sedans usually), please take some time to snap pictures of the Terminal ends with the colours of the wires, and I'll be able to piece the puzzle together soon. Thanks!

Last edited:
any way to wire just the OEM external amp from a premium Audio system Civic in a non-navi or premium civic?

I have a question for this thread, if I have a non-navi SI, can I put a navigation unit in? Premium audio is something I already have so it would be pretty easy no?

I have a question for this thread, if I have a non-navi SI, can I put a navigation unit in? Premium audio is something I already have so it would be pretty easy no?

OEM Navi unit? Very cost prohibitive. The unit alone costs thousands.

Back