Need help listing a car for sale based off KBB

Big-Mike

I'm selling a 2007 Civic EX sedan.

AC does not work, bumper also has a crack in the back from when someone hit me the other day.

Otherwise mechanically the car is fine. Interior is 9/10, Exterior other than bumper crack (no dent) is say 7/10. Looks comparable to other cars I see of this year.

If KBB said $7,850 for good $6,700 for fair. How should I price factoring in cost for repairs?

The other element is I've been issued a check by the insurance company for the bumper damage. While I want to get the maximum price, I'm looking at the check as a supplement to the sale price.

have you had an estimate to have the ac fixed? That'd help in knowing...or providing that estimate to the future buyer (if you're not going to repair it).

No ac is going to be a tough sell, figure in subtracting the fix price plus 10 percent.Alot of people won't even look at it because of it being broken.

thanks for info. Just took to dealer and they are matching the best local offer I had received so I'm just going to go that route. With the tax savings will actually come out a couple hundred ahead.

With that and the check I got from the insurance company I'm happy, so tomorrow morning I should be driving a 2013 Si home.

Back