Need help

sergio122343

I have a 1990 honda civic dx and it recently started failing on me. I put in gas and it would tug when I drove it. Like if it wanted to give up. Anyone have any idea what it could be.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

bad tank of gas? water in the gas? kind of difficult to pinpoint anything based on the post.

That's an extremely vague explanation. Im guessing it has a d series engine. In my experience with old hondas. Just replace it. Crazy cheap.

Please give us more info.

Bad injectors? Bad fuel pump? The list could go on forever. Hopefully it's not a cylinder trying to seize up. Has the oil been changed regularly?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bad injectors? Bad fuel pump? The list could go on forever. Hopefully it's not a cylinder trying to seize up. Has the oil been changed regularly?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Exactly what I was about to suggest. Check your oil, fuel pump, injectors and even your gas (make sure there's no water in it.) What I would do is first, check the oil, if it's low, or close to the end of it's usable life, change it. If the problem persists, try a fuel additive such as an octane booster (can't hurt to try it, do this after checking the gas of course). The last thing I would suggest before taking more drastic measures (I.E. replacing fuel pump, injectors plugs or any of that) is to use sea foam through one of the vacuum lines. Your engine could have a bunch of carbon build up that's causing poor performance. All of these are cheap methods of troubleshooting and stuff I have/would do on my personal cars over the years. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back