Need some help here.

fg3_colton

Tampa
Vehicle Model
Civic, LX
Body Style
Coupe
Ok, about a month ago, I installed some truhart lowering springs for my car. The look is absolutely awesome, love how it sits and rides now. My problem now is, I'm experiencing a rattle coming from both sides. I've dealt with it since I put on the springs thinking it was just normal. However, I looked at it today when I had some downtime and noticed this (attached). Is it possible I installed the left on the right side and vice versa? I know they aren't upside down. My alignment isn't off at all though, which is why I'm slightly confused. Any input would be appreciated.
aca752c9070ac8d508edb7925359c3c2.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

is it during bumps? The coils may be hitting each other. Tein and some other companies make a spring silencer, which is basically just some rubber that wraps around coils that are close to one another. It keeps them from making noise. Could be your issue. I've seen people get tubing by the foot at homedepot/lowes and basically make their own. Like below

uED17dv.jpg

@fg3_colton they were labeled left and right in the box with a little sticker on them. They are also directional. So if you put the rubber sleeves back on the top, the right side sleeve wouldn't fit correctly on the left side spring. Same for the bottom rubber seats. If those are on them most likely the issue is something else. But I don't have two coils that close together on mine...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

@fg3_colton they were labeled left and right in the box with a little sticker on them. They are also directional. So if you put the rubber sleeves back on the top, the right side sleeve wouldn't fit correctly on the left side spring. Same for the bottom rubber seats. If those are on them most likely the issue is something else. But I don't have two coils that close together on mine...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
For some reason, mine did not have any sticker showing which spring was which. I had to go off the coil pattern and how they fit on the strut to determine left from right. The sleeves fit fine with no issues. @webby. Yes, it's during bumps that I get this rattle. I might have to make a stop at home Depot for those silencers. Working 2 jobs and I'm in school, I don't have a day to take everything apart unfortunately.

For some reason, mine did not have any sticker showing which spring was which. I had to go off the coil pattern and how they fit on the strut to determine left from right. The sleeves fit fine with no issues. @webby. Yes, it's during bumps that I get this rattle. I might have to make a stop at home Depot for those silencers. Working 2 jobs and I'm in school, I don't have a day to take everything apart unfortunately.

I would start with checking to make sure something hasn't come loose.
You mentioned that it's been about a month, so it could be that one of the bolts has loosened up and that's what is causing the rattle.

Some aftermarket lowering springs are designed to have "dead coils"; that is, parts of the spring that are completely collapsed when the vehicle weight is applied. And it can generate a noise.
Double-check to make sure nothing is loose (swaybar endlinks can be an issue), and you might want to look into the Tein isolators.

Back