New 2013 Civic SI HFP with Clicking Clutch

jayt101

Hi All,

I posted an earlier thread saying how I just bought my Civic SI HFP. Well I got it yesterday and couldn't be happier! However, I've noticed that the clutch makes a clicking sound when I press AND release. This happens even when the car is OFF. It only has 110km on it and I've only been driving it for two days. I know this question has been asked before, but I haven't seen a final answer as to whether this is normal or not. I'm really dreading taking it back to the dealer to having parts replaced already with only 110km on it. Please help!

Not sure if it's supposed to do it but I think it's "normal" in the sense that a lot of them do it. My '12 did it and my '13 does it.

Pretty sure these cars just have loud switches on the clutch pedal. The switch that allows starting once the clutch is pushed in and kicks off cruise control when its pressed. Not sure what else it does though.

Yea I think your right. I've read that tons of people have the same "issue" as me. So it makes me less worried. I probably won't take it to the dealer now.

Back