New 2015 Si Sedan wanting to start upgrading

D0ntTrip

hello everyone, i was refered her by a friend and i was looking for some help adding some new touches to my Si, i just purchased it in July and wanting to add an exhaust and maybe a new intake. My only concern is i know nothing about tuning and scare di might void my warranty with any new additions. So any help would be amazing! Oh and everything is stock still lol

Hey, welcome to the forum!

There's lots of help available here and everyone will try and point you in the right direction. There are definitely some great bang for the buck mods you can do to your car. Just let us know what direction you want to go with the car.

First thing you should look into is a tuning program called Hondata Flashpro. It gives you control over the cars ECU and you can get tunes over the internet without having to go to a dyno shop in person. Don't worry about the warranty too much. If something goes wrong, they basically have to prove that the failure was due to a particular modification. Ex: they can't say a new intake caused your struts to blow at 10k miles. That sort of thing.

Wait for @squiggy, @Nomar06 , and @323 to chime in and some of the other site members as well. Those guys all have pretty nicely modded cars and will definitely be able to point out some of the more useful areas to start.

PS don't buy an intake, except for 3.5" and larger, nothing makes power over the stock air box except those and you need Flashpro to be able to use them.

I got my car in Feb and have just been focusing on "style" mods. No power mods as anything you do pretty much requires Flashpro to make the most of the power mod.

If you want to go power mods first I have seen a couple times were it is suggested to go with a down pipe and Flashpro first, then move on to exhaust and intake.

I have basically have done headlight and fog lamp retros and some suspension stuff. Lowering springs and rear sway bar with upgraded sway bar bushings. I actually just put on the springs today and still need to dial in the camber and align the car.

I would take the time to read up in here in regards to what others have done before jumping all in buying a bunch of stuff. Lots of good info out there.

Welcome.........

Any mods you do will only be a concern if you have an issue with that mod causing a problem with the cars performance. They will cover your warranty even then if it is shown that the mod is not the issue.

Just for feel and driving experience, I would suggest a bigger rear sway bar and a short shift adapter (or whole kit) to start off with. For looks, get some H&R springs...and some tint. Get rid of those vtec stickers as well.

Beyond those, it gets pricey. For power mods, definitely a downpipe and FlashPro first. Then 3.5" intake and exhaust. Of course, you will need a tune with the downpipe and intake.

Thanks for all the suggestions, but i think what im looking for is more of a sound upgrade, the girlfriend drives the car and well she wants it to be a bit louder, not sure if i should just go with an exhaust upgrade right off the bat or start with a new intake. And if you have a certain brand anyone would recommend that would be great. Thanks again

Thanks for all the suggestions, but i think what im looking for is more of a sound upgrade, the girlfriend drives the car and well she wants it to be a bit louder, not sure if i should just go with an exhaust upgrade right off the bat or start with a new intake. And if you have a certain brand anyone would recommend that would be great. Thanks again
I don't think you can make them any quieter...... :D

Do a nice 3" exhaust. You won't need flash pro right away with that. The full-race exhaust is very nice. I would highly recommend FP and a down pipe next. There are some suspension mods that can make the car handle much better for an affordable amount also.

Welcome to the site @D0ntTrip.
If you just want something with more sound I'd go with the exhaust. As soon as you start replacing the down pipe (what most call a header on most other and older style Honda engines) you're going to need FlashPro to reprogram the ECU otherwise the car with just compensate for the changes and you won't get the performance benefit.
As @Nix said I wouldn't replace the intake unless you are getting the PRL CAI and then you're definitely going to need a tune with it.

I have a new 2015 Si also. I plan to do a Full Race down pipe and have it tuned by VitViper (using FlashPro) I'm keeping the exhaust and intake stock.

You can go on youtube and search for 2015 civic si and listen to various exhaust/downpipe combinations. This is what I do. I'm not big into the loud ricey sound. It gets a lot of police attention.

Back