New Camera

Gitrdone42

Boiling Springs
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
Just bought a new camera today, got a Nikon D5100. First DSLR I've owned. Everything else has just been simple point and shoots. Just wondering if anyone had any tips they could share with me considering I know very little about photography. I am wanting to get into it just never had the money to buy a nice camera until now.

I always felt that the one thing that separated SLRs, now DSLRs, from the other point and shoots is the flexibility that you have with depth of field. Using your f-stops and shutter speeds, you can compose photos instead of just taking pictures. Read a lot, experiment and have fun. Now, with digital cameras, you can do it without wasting film!

Thanks for the responses, the place I bought the camera from gives a free class on how to use it and how it all works. I have that set up for next saturday.

Yeah thats the lens it came with. It will do for now until I can get some money for something better.

We had a family get together at my grandparents house today so I got to practice a lot with it. Took about 700 pictures of various things.

haha, that's the spirit! You get some good stuff?

lets see some pics, new camera thread without pics :scratches:

you can post them in whatever size your hosting service will take, 9th will resize them down for normal viewing in your post

lets see if this works
DSC_0659.jpg

DSC_0631.jpg

DSC_0439.jpg

DSC_0395.jpg

DSC_0283.jpg

DSC_0279.jpg

DSC_0269.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

it'll let you upload 3meg pics directly... but you can host pics to any service like imageshack, photobucket, tinypic, imgur etc... then post the link here.

edit - I really like the water/dock pic :thumb:

Back