New here guys!!!!!

Hey about that battery message you're getting on your imid it's because of the battery relocation I had a skunk2 intake in my 12 si and I had the same problem, it was just that when I extended the cables for the battery I used the butt connectors they supplied and it had a bad connection which made me get that error message... the solution was solder the wires and the problem was solved...

Well the thing is that when I bought the car apparently the owner had also the skunk2 intake, so what they did was that they cut out the butt for the connector so I only have the cables dangling on!!!

Well the thing is that when I bought the car apparently the owner had also the skunk2 intake, so what they did was that they cut out the butt for the connector so I only have the cables dangling on!!!

Oh ok that's still not a big deal, all you would need to do is buy some 18 gauge wire and extend the wires on the battery then solder them and then wrap them in the plastic coil so it can look stock... that what I did with mine.. soldering is the key for both the MAF sensor and and battery cables here is a picture of my 12.

This time I personally didn't go with a skunk2 CAI I went with the PRL CAI..

Oh ok that's still not a big deal, all you would need to do is buy some 18 gauge wire and extend the wires on the battery then solder them and then wrap them in the plastic coil so it can look stock... that what I did with mine.. soldering is the key for both the MAF sensor and and battery cables here is a picture of my 12.

Cool thanks will do

Still no plug find, I was gonna suggest use these blade style connectors. Put one on each wire and heat shrink them separately so they can't touch each other and slide them on the pins in the battery sensor. Only thing is finding ones small enough to fit.

http://www.morrisproducts.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=6BF2EE58911344C293E6F447889E4960
The first place that google gave me

Ok thanks for all the help man. I got some cables and a friend who know about soldering so he is the one who is going to do the Job!!

188dc33952b00f68adbfd115d9ae25b6.jpg

Look what I got!!!

My 2 cents on crimp vs solder. I was taught and believe that crimping and heat shrinking for moisture protection is better than soldering. Just my own opinion and don't knock soldering as my skills are no so good so I like the easier crimp lol. I've been told several times by different people that vibrations can break solder and cause loose connections. Haven't seen it but I believe it possible. Last thing though that I self concluded over the years is that soldering can cause a higher resistance than a crimp. Would need to test it and i'm sure it wouldn't be much if any difference but the theory being that electricity travels on the surface of the wire strands and not so much through the centers. When you solder your taking away all the strands and making one giant thick single wire so all your surface area between all the strands is now a solid core. Crimping just flattens the strands out but keeps the surface area. I could be making this all up as I just haven't tried it and tested it so maybe I will one bored day lol.

Regardless of how you do it I hope it works out and you can clear that message. That would piss me off everyday lol

My 2 cents on crimp vs solder. I was taught and believe that crimping and heat shrinking for moisture protection is better than soldering. Just my own opinion and don't knock soldering as my skills are no so good so I like the easier crimp lol. I've been told several times by different people that vibrations can break solder and cause loose connections. Haven't seen it but I believe it possible. Last thing though that I self concluded over the years is that soldering can cause a higher resistance than a crimp. Would need to test it and i'm sure it wouldn't be much if any difference but the theory being that electricity travels on the surface of the wire strands and not so much through the centers. When you solder your taking away all the strands and making one giant thick single wire so all your surface area between all the strands is now a solid core. Crimping just flattens the strands out but keeps the surface area. I could be making this all up as I just haven't tried it and tested it so maybe I will one bored day lol.

Regardless of how you do it I hope it works out and you can clear that message. That would piss me off everyday lol

It pisses me everyday lol!!!

Hey guys got a question!!!! I did buy the Mugen spoiler do I paint the whole spoiler red or do I do it like the Mugen painted blank in the middle???? Like this

80d97d878e103e088c72f873efa8f11c.jpg

I like the middle black.

If you need a quick fix for electrical stuff or just want to test it try the Dolphin Super B connectors. Just jam the wires into the pocket and "crimp" with pliers. Its filled with dielectric grease so it won't ever get water in the connection. They work great in tight spaces with small wires too. Im crap at soldering but I try to use crimp butt connectors and heat shrink. The Dolphin-B just cut down on time considerably.

I like the middle black.

If you need a quick fix for electrical stuff or just want to test it try the Dolphin Super B connectors. Just jam the wires into the pocket and "crimp" with pliers. Its filled with dielectric grease so it won't ever get water in the connection. They work great in tight spaces with small wires too. Im crap at soldering but I try to use crimp butt connectors and heat shrink. The Dolphin-B just cut down on time considerably.

I'm going to paint the whole spoiler red but wrap de middle part with carbon fiber!!!!

Reactions: Nix
Wanted to keep you updated on things to come!!!!

1) I bought the Flashpro in going to get the best tuner in Puerto Rico called neoh2ning to get mo tune on.

2) short shifter

3) aluminum base bushings and aluminum transmission bushings

4) JDM hazard light

5) Mugen type spoiler

And my next move will be to get the XXR 527 on chrome black (this will take time need to save some money lol)

333f41e5323c404b45aed2748d2a1f98.jpg

Should I leave the gas carbon tank or not??
My personal opinion, I would take it off. I feel like the car would look cleaner without it. But it's your car, do what you want, whatever makes you smile when you look at your car you should do

Back