New K&N SRI

Shoot i just bought my Si, and thought of keeping it stock... but after reading so many threads on this forum i just must upgrade :D
I'm going to have the car for a couple of years so i figure why not?
I love the sound of this intake, in the video posted is that with a stock exhaust?
Yes, this is the 1st upgrade I have done to my car and is on the stock OEM exhaust. Oh and the car in the video is mine I should probably mention.

Installed the k&n this weekend. I gotta say this thing is LOUD!!!! Not even punching it and its loud. full throttle I would say its about 20% louder. That is all. Butt dyno actually feels slower....might be the weather. hot as fuu over here in socal

no, cruising around is same as stock but when trying to overpass 1/2 throttle 3-4k its noticeable. Today on on-ramp I floored it and it was loud but I felt I was not going as fast as it sounds lol. Gonna go get a re-flash on Wednesday. Hopefully that solves the not going as fast as it sounds problem haha.

What is that warning sign on the i-mid?

iVtec.sized.jpg

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/imid-wallpapers.2632/

I have a question for anyone who has already installed the K&N SRI.....
I noticed that the hole in the intake tube where the mass air sensor attaches is slightly covered by the hole in the venturi when you install the venturi. The two holes are lined up properly but it looks like the venturi is supposed to block the hole in the intake tube slightly.
Did anyone else notice this when they installed theirs? (I'm sure it's not just mine)
I wonder why it does that? :confuzzled: (I'm curious) :feedback:

Waiting for.mine =D
Let me know if your venturi hole lines up with the hole in the intake tube for the Mass air flow sensor. Mine didn't. When the venturi was inserted into the intake tube the hole was up slightly higher then the hole in the intake tube so the intake tube hole was blocked off by the venturi. I'm calling K&N on Monday to inquire.

Let me know if your venturi hole lines up with the hole in the intake tube for the Mass air flow sensor. Mine didn't. When the venturi was inserted into the intake tube the hole was up slightly higher then the hole in the intake tube so the intake tube hole was blocked off by the venturi. I'm calling K&N on Monday to inquire.

will do. when ever you get in contact with K&N tell us what they say about that cause mine might take one more week to arrive.

will do. when ever you get in contact with K&N tell us what they say about that cause mine might take one more week to arrive.
I will for sure.
Overall I really like the SRI. It sounds so cool! Feels good too. I'm dying to find out what the venturi does in the first place. I mean i understand what they do in a carb but this seems different.

I have a question for anyone who has already installed the K&N SRI.....
I noticed that the hole in the intake tube where the mass air sensor attaches is slightly covered by the hole in the venturi when you install the venturi. The two holes are lined up properly but it looks like the venturi is supposed to block the hole in the intake tube slightly.
Did anyone else notice this when they installed theirs? (I'm sure it's not just mine)
I wonder why it does that? :confuzzled: (I'm curious) :feedback:
Mine was the same, I assumed it was designed that way as everything elses' fitment was bang on 100%

Mine was the same, I assumed it was designed that way as everything elses' fitment was bang on 100%
So I called K&N and spoke to a guy named Robert in the customer service department. After explaining the problem to him he said that K&N had some production issues and the venturi was not made properly and that's why the two holes didn't line up properly. Without hesitation he told me he was going to send me a new intake tube, venturi, and the 90 degree elbow that screws into the intake tube (I asked for a new elbow actually).
So while I was on the phone, I asked him what the venturi does because I'm running the car without the venuri currently because I didn't want to put all the old stuff back on the intake and put it back to stock. He said it's used to speed up the air just like how a venturi works in a carb. I asked him if that's how the extra power is made and he said it's part of how the extra power is made. So it sound like when I install the venturi I'll get a little more get up and go!:vtec:
I'm impressed with their customer service. Very professional. :cheerleader:

Back