New K&N SRI

Nice, I will give them a call as well. Good work and follow up. Thank you for the info JonnyRotten
Your welcome Danglyzoidberg but you never said what you did when you installed yours. If it was the same as mine you couldn't have left the venturi in the intake tube. The mass air flow sensor wouldn't fit. So I'm curious to know what you did or how you installed the SRI?:turbobananapoke:

Your welcome Danglyzoidberg but you never said what you did when you installed yours. If it was the same as mine you couldn't have left the venturi in the intake tube. The mass air flow sensor wouldn't fit. So I'm curious to know what you did or how you installed the SRI?:turbobananapoke:
dremel and very careful filing to make it fit properly. Read some threads of people having the same issue and fixed it this way problem free.

Anyone know what would cause a burning smell after installing this intake?

I didn't notice any smell but I don't have the venturi installed yet. I'm waiting for a new one to arrive from K&N.
Installed the new intake tube and venturi without a hitch. I did notice that the intake sound is a little less throaty wit the venturi installed and I also noticed a bit of a plasticy smell on my initial rip around but that's cuz of the new intake tube and venturi. I'm interested to see if I notice any power increase.

This looks a fair bit more complex than intakes I've installed in the past. Having to install new coolant lines came as a surprise to me. Now I have to better inspect my engine bay when my wife gets home with it. I wonder what the stock intake has to do with coolant lines.

I wondered the same thing but bought it anyway. As it turns out, the breather hose and coolant lines run together in a metal jacket in the stock setup. In the Typhoon design, they split them up and the coolant line runs below the intake setup. I did my install first thing in the morning and lost just a few drops of coolant. To my eye the Typhoon is very well designed and executed. I love it. Makes the car more responsive and takes my mind off the rev hang.

thanks...now i just gotta move money from my swiss account to pay for it...it's been a couple years since i've spent car money, i forgot how it gets so expensive so fast

Back