New K&N SRI

yes, the heat shield rubber is pressed against the carpet piece inside hood
Carpet piece inside hood? We in the US didn't get hood or trunk liners, probably because the dollar is in the toilet. enough politics. I just ordered a hood liner from College Hills Honda because I want the car to look like it wasn't a stripper, and to get as tight a seal as I can for the K&N sri that I already installed, as it was designed using a car THAT CAME WITH a hood liner.

As an aside, although I wish that Honda had not cheaped out on the hood and trunk items, and that they hadn't used crap interior plastic parts, thin paint, no protection for the kick panels, etc., the 2012 Si still had it all over the competition for my purchase, on price per hp and overall features. 201 hp, normally aspirated, 4doors, very nicely appointed, and LARGE interior and trunk. I think Honda struck a good balance. That balance lured me away from a VW GTI manual trans., and a Mazdaspeed 3, both of which cost a few thousand more at their best end of year prices, and each of which had only had 2 doors and no trunk (hard sell to wife) and no moonroof or bluetooth, etc. The Mazda had steering wheel controls and an extra 46hp, but it was $2K more and lugged at low rpms.

Carpet piece inside hood? We in the US didn't get hood or trunk liners, probably because the dollar is in the toilet. enough politics. I just ordered a hood liner from College Hills Honda because I want the car to look like it wasn't a stripper, and to get as tight a seal as I can for the K&N sri that I already installed, as it was designed using a car THAT CAME WITH a hood liner.

As an aside, although I wish that Honda had not cheaped out on the hood and trunk items, and that they hadn't used crap interior plastic parts, thin paint, no protection for the kick panels, etc., the 2012 Si still had it all over the competition for my purchase, on price per hp and overall features. 201 hp, normally aspirated, 4doors, very nicely appointed, and LARGE interior and trunk. I think Honda struck a good balance. That balance lured me away from a VW GTI manual trans., and a Mazdaspeed 3, both of which cost a few thousand more at their best end of year prices, and each of which had only had 2 doors and no trunk (hard sell to wife) and no moonroof or bluetooth, etc. The Mazda had steering wheel controls and an extra 46hp, but it was $2K more and lugged at low rpms.
Strange about you not having a hood liner/fire blanket. I have one and I'm in the US. No trunk liner though as with everyone else.

Question... I am considering this, but I have seen comments about needing a reflash. Is this necessary? If so how do I go about it? I'm new to the modding scene haha

Question... I am considering this, but I have seen comments about needing a reflash. Is this necessary? If so how do I go about it? I'm new to the modding scene haha
No I have this intake and your car will do just fine with out a reflash. It makes some good power and opens up the sound of your engine a lot :)

Just got this installed a couple days ago. Do not recommend it. I might have gained a little bit of low rpm torque, but over all the car is not as quick. 3rd gear and higher feels sluggish as hell.

EDIT: I think my ECU has gotten used to the intake. Car feels torquier and more responsive now. :)

Last edited:
Just got this installed a couple days ago. Do not recommend it. I might have gained a little bit of low rpm torque, but over all the car is not as quick. 3rd gear and higher feels sluggish as hell.
Did you let it idle for 5-10 minutes after install and did you disconnect the battery for a few minutes during/after install?

did not let it idle (to what purpose?) . but did disconnect the battery during install.

Last edited:
did not let it idle (to what purpose?) . but did disconnect the battery during install.
The idle is important, it lets the ecu read and adjust to the new airflow.

Try disconnecting the battery again for a few minutes, reconnect and then idle for 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Agreed... If that doesn't help then I would tend to believe whoever installed it messed up somewhere...I definitely had a noticeable increase in torque throughout all gears.

I have heard such different views on this item,and because of that it is not installed in my car yet.there were fit problems in the beginning,then I heard it lost hp,then bogging down,to be honest I have not heard too many good reports.has k&n worked the bugs out? Is it a heat issue? I've heard they sound great at higher rpms,but I just don't want a friggin headache,I wish some of you lived close and could assist me,I'd like to do a few things... Just don't want to start something I can't finish.

What fitment issues? Only issue I had was getting the bottom of the stock air box out. I have no bogging at all.

Back