New member from FL

surfchick

Florida
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
Hi I'm a new member from the Tampa Bay area. I recently got a black 2014 ex coupe, which is still stock. I will be tinting the windows soon & was wondering if anyone here has any experience with tint shops in TB area? All my past cars have had FormulaOne or Huper Optik tint so any recommendations of other brands?

Welcome....... Can't help with tints, I went though the same issue in my town. The best way to find a good source is pretty much what you're doing, as with anything, a good reference is always better than a blind chance. I'd think a few will come on here tomorrow when they wake up.... :D

Thanks for your response :) I'm kind of stumped about the tint because there are only 3 shops that use F1 tint in this area. The one I went to in the past (I had issues with), the one closest to me has no reviews online & the third is far away & way more expensive than the other two shops.

Thanks for your response :) I'm kind of stumped about the tint because there are only 3 shops that use F1 tint in this area. The one I went to in the past (I had issues with), the one closest to me has no reviews online & the third is far away & way more expensive than the other two shops.
I'd just hold off for a day or two, at least till you hear from other peeps on here that live in your area. I lucked out on mine, the shop I went to did a good job, and I had no references.
Another source is to stop at any car gatherings(no matter what brand car), and ask anyone that doesn't have bubbles, or bad edging(not seeing any space between the tint and window borders/frames, etc.).

Hi I'm a new member from the Tampa Bay area. I recently got a black 2014 ex coupe, which is still stock. I will be tinting the windows soon & was wondering if anyone here has any experience with tint shops in TB area? All my past cars have had FormulaOne or Huper Optik tint so any recommendations of other brands?
Welcome @surfchick
I like your avatar :thumbsup:

Thanks for the responses. I have heard of MCOR but theyuse 3M tint. Has anyone had any success with that brand?

@Monk thanks for the link :) Every car I get I do a ton of research about the tint & always end up with F1. I love the way the ceramic looks. I'm going to talk to a few places & ask how they will handle the dot matrix & make my decision based their knowledge/method for handling it. My last car the dot matrix was huge & looked like **** up close.

@Monk thanks for the link :) Every car I get I do a ton of research about the tint & always end up with F1. I love the way the ceramic looks. I'm going to talk to a few places & ask how they will handle the dot matrix & make my decision based their knowledge/method for handling it. My last car the dot matrix was huge & looked like **** up close.

I had ceramic done to my civic. It looks great except for the dot matrix section. Looks good from far, but a tad ugly up close. I am not sure what the best solution is for that section, but it seems to be a challenge. I hope yours turns out the way you want it to.

Here's how mine was done working with the matrix. Bring the film to the matrix as close as possible with out covering the chads themselves.

wcj18g.jpg

@Todai I know what you mean about the way the dots look up close. I guess as long as it is not visible from far away its not a big deal. My last car had a huge dot matrix area that the tint didn't adhere at all & when they redid the tint, they messed up my defroster. I just don't want that to happen again.

Thanks for the pic @Monk I have heard of shops using vinyl between the dots & tint so it looks uniform or having you go back after a few days to readhere the tint to that area. Unfortunately, FL is the land of crappy tint jobs so I'm just trying to be as informed as possible.

Back