New Member Signing up

greenhorn

CT
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hi Folks,
Recently moved to the US for work, and ended up buying a 2014 Civic Si. I had originally planned to buy a Fiesta ST, (mostly because after driving the 10th gen Civic from my driving school, I was rather turned off civics). Eventually when I did TD one, found the ergonomics rather weird, the gearbox too notchy, the recaros too painful, and the suspension too stiff.
I went to TD a Fit sport at a dealership, and tried out a CPO civic Si they had sitting around, and my mind was blown, and ended up buying it almost right away. I'm not too much into Performance, Modding etc - I just wanted a fun Manual ( have been driving manuals for ages, and driving a auto was just too weird for me) that can haul a family + groceries and work as a reliable DD.

The only Upgrade I have planned for this car are on the audio side. The audio in this car sounds worse than the one I have in my car back home (which is rather an unfair comparison, as its a pretty well tuned 3 way setup with better speakers - probably worth more than my old car now!

My old car is a turbodiesel hatch, 11 years old now, and at around the same mileage as this Civic ( 62K Miles). I hope the civic is more reliable, because maintainence in the US costs a bomb! for comparison, I did a 10 year/100K Km Service before i left, All fluids, belts etc changed, + Turbo Overhaul (was leaking oil) + Alternator Overhaul (oil got into the alternator & screwed it up) + Clutch change + Headlights + Front bumper Replacement, and it all come to only 700 USD!

Welcome to the site. Definitely check this thread out if you’re into audio upgrades.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2013-civic-premium-audio-system-navigation-stereo-upgrade.10207/
This thread is what bought me to this forum. I'm looking at wiring harnesses etc to bypass the factory amp without cutting any wires ( or even scotch locks for that matter)
Anyway all this will have to wait. I just found out my current apartment is extremely car unfriendly ( apparently they had a problem with me for changing my blown fog light bulb in the underground parking) , so I'll have to wait till my current lease runs out :(

Damn, that's pretty bad. At my apt in nc i had the whole front end off my 350z and no one said a word. But that was about 8 years ago, lol

Back