New stuff on the way!

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
I couldn't pass up the 25% off deal. It's pretty much as good as the black friday/christmas deals.

I just ordered two of the NanoSkin AutoScrub Wash Mitts. It was a toss up between these and the Speedy Prep Towels. I had read good things about both and I was about to order the towel but when it came down to it I decided to try the mitts. I liked that I could use a new bucket of soap and water instead of investing in another glide/lubricant product.

I bought one fine grade and one medium.

http://www.detailedimage.com/NanoSkin-M54/AutoScrub-Fine-Wash-Mitt-P701/

Nice review here too:

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/product-review-nanoskin-autoscrub-wash-mitt/

NanoSkin-AutoScrub-Fine-Wash-Mitt_701_1_lw_2433.jpg

Last edited:
Never heard anyone talk about these. It seems like you'd want to wash the car first, then use a mit like this if it acts like clay, but I'm not seeing anyone say that. They're acting like you just wash a dirty car with these mits and it removes the need to claybar? Seems scary in my head, but I've never used these. Do you just wash the mit after each car wash/use? Obviously you throw clay away when it pulls contaminants out of the paint. Interesting

Never heard anyone talk about these. It seems like you'd want to wash the car first, then use a mit like this if it acts like clay, but I'm not seeing anyone say that. They're acting like you just wash a dirty car with these mits and it removes the need to claybar? Seems scary in my head, but I've never used these. Do you just wash the mit after each car wash/use? Obviously you throw clay away when it pulls contaminants out of the paint. Interesting
I'd say prewash, and feel safe...... and preserve the mitt.
It's good you brought it up.

Last edited:
The reviewer is the same ones that worked on the molded Audi interior. lol.

This would definitely be much better to use than claying a car. I tried using car shampoo as a lube for claying but the concentration of shampoo in the water causes the clay to crack.

One question about this product. How should it be stored when it's not being used? A sealed container?

The reviewer is the same ones that worked on the molded Audi interior. lol.

This would definitely be much better to use than claying a car. I tried using car shampoo as a lube for claying but the concentration of shampoo in the water causes the clay to crack.

One question about this product. How should it be stored when it's not being used? A sealed container?
I would guess open and dry(the way it came).
Clay bar sealed.
JMHO......

Wash the car like normal first, then go back over it with this like you would for a normal clay bar step.

Basically instead of having to rub a small piece of clay over the entire car, this mitt covers a much larger area. Also after each section you just dunk the mitt and it releases the contaminates into the rinse bucket. The nice thing is the time savings and that if you drop if you can rinse it off instead of throwing away another piece of clay.

There are a ton of "clay" alternatives out right now. Many of them are very similar. I had asked rasky about a couple but I ended up going this route finally since the sale was so good.

I think you can store it just like any other wash mitt but I have heard that the rubber side can get sticky and get sort of welded to other things it touches. The rubber side is just a soft polymer. Ill probably rinse it, air dry it, and then leave it hanging or in an open cardboard box so nothing else touches it

I'll show you my drying rack. I have something similar in the closet to store the mitts upright...

Last edited:
Cheap and effective. I have several of these wire racks for storage and since I don't always use every shelf I use the extras as drying racks over a couple bins. I just took soda bottles and screwed the caps on from the bottom. Its sturdy enough to hold the mitts upright while they dry. Putting a fan on them helps speed things up.

I know it looks rigged but it works and its cheap. You can also move the bottles as you need to which is nice. Im sure someone will come out with an adjustable rack system for like $200 but this is dang easy. The top rack in the storage closet has a few like this to keep everything nice and spread out. I put a plastic bag over the top to keep dust off once they are dry.

Pics:

3csq.jpg

tmhb.jpg

Size comparison of my "Wookie Paw" Mitt. ( For maintenance washes only when the car has been recently waxed and polished)

I use the small sheepskin for most normal washes, the MF for below the bodyline low down, and another MF for wheels.

od6q.jpg

tvli.jpg

Arrived yesterday! Review to follow once I get a day to use them!

18pv.jpg

Back