new takeda intake ;)

The momentum changed the ride sound of the car completely and made it much more responsive, can't wait to hear what this one does. Hopefully it's as nice as it's brother!

Last edited:
The momentum changed the ride sound of the car completely and made it much more responsive, can't wait to hear what this one does. Hopefully it's as nice as it's brother!
ill charge up the go pro tonight and get some footage if you like

WP_000434.jpg
WP_000443.jpg

the install is easy if you have small hands took me 40 minutes. lucky my girl was with me and has tiny hands :) video and review to come. the initial rev in park and what not was sweet. you get the gasp as you hit the gas.

Retains the stock box and tubing...? I guess I haven't seen pics of the takeda r18

Which Takeda is that, installed mine last week, I love it, but looks completely different.

Guess it's kinda like an icebox intake?. Will look better if you cleaned the engine bay a little ;). Btw Wanga , love the avatar.

Retains the stock box and tubing...? I guess I haven't seen pics of the takeda r18
yeah its a nice set up keeps all the hot air out and on the *** side of the intake its open a bit for more airflow from the back of the engine bay
Which Takeda is that, installed mine last week, I love it, but looks completely different.
its the takeda "retain" or Takeda Stage-2 PRO 5R Intake System per the site
Guess it's kinda like an icebox intake?. Will look better if you cleaned the engine bay a little ;). Btw Wanga , love the avatar.
not fimiliar with the icebox intake and yeah i def need to im just scared to lol

ok so the review: let me start off with this is the single best chunk of change i have ever spent. but regardless ill start with the install. to install this thing its pretty easy the big thing is having small hands (which i dont) or having someone around that does. the instructions are very clear and everything bolts right up. the three hardest parts are 1: unplugging the maf. 2: fitting the assembled unit back in as you fit the outlet on to the throttle body as you pop the airbox on to a grommet that you can hardly see. 3: reattaching the maf. i fount these hard because i have big freaking paws im so thankfull to have a girlfriend with small hands thats in to cars. ;) ok so the first thing you do after you get a new intake on? start it up and rev it. this does this intake no justice at all. pulling out of my driveway and going down the end of my street i was kinda taken aback by how quiet it was and i did notice the power a little but i didnt wanna rip up my neighborhood. so i pull out on to the back road and kinda get on it slowly, can def feel the power as i start to get going. here i am smiling because of the power and how its not to much louder than stock then i hit 3krpm.... at 3k this thing screams! granted i do have a 09 si axleback but with that its a very nice loud deep roar. the power is though out and def feels good. its so nice because it sounds dead stock under 3k then after that all bets are off. i love it :)

bottom line:
install: 1 - being easy 10 - being hard 3
quality of build: 1 - great 10 - crap 1
value: 1 - great 10 - crap 1

its cheaper than the k&n and gives better dynos. im very happy with this buy

and a quick shout out to the guys over at PRO Civic buy this through them their great they hooked me up :)

Back