New To The Group - Rims/Tires and Bulb Guide

SleepyFB3

Toronto ON
Vehicle Model
EX
Body Style
Sedan
Hey everyone, I recently picked up a 2013 EX Sedan and I'm looking to drop some wheels on it and do throw on some HID's. However I am not lowering my car for sure at the moment, so I need your input of some rims/tires specs. What do you think 17or18x8 +30 offset in the front 17or18x9 +30 offset in the back with 235/55/17or18 tires. I know its not the best idea but ye, I'm just doing it for now only to clear the wheel gap. And also just wanted to confirm the low beam bulb size which I believe is 9006 and 9005 for the DRLs. Let me know thanks

First off, welcome to the forum. Lots of good info and friendly people here. Hope you choose to stick around.

Concerned with rubbing or ease of fitment? Stick with the x8" +30. 235/55 is the wrong tire size. Your speedometer will be way off. How did you come up with that size?

Wheel gap will be there unless you are really putting the wrong size wheel and tire on there which will make the car look more like a Jeep than ever. Don't be too concerned with the gap. If lowering is in your future then it's only temporary and lots of people run stock height.

I doubt you'll come back to check for answers so until you do I'll hold off on what tire size would be best and same with the bulb size answers. This ain't instagram and there's more to it than one photo caption line answers.

9006 is the low beam
9005 is the high beam / daytime running light in one

First off, welcome to the forum. Lots of good info and friendly people here. Hope you choose to stick around.

Concerned with rubbing or ease of fitment? Stick with the x8" +30. 235/55 is the wrong tire size. Your speedometer will be way off. How did you come up with that size?

Wheel gap will be there unless you are really putting the wrong size wheel and tire on there which will make the car look more like a Jeep than ever. Don't be too concerned with the gap. If lowering is in your future then it's only temporary and lots of people run stock height.

I doubt you'll come back to check for answers so until you do I'll hold off on what tire size would be best and same with the bulb size answers. This ain't instagram and there's more to it than one photo caption line answers.

LOL whoops :P what tire size would you recommend? I used to have the 8thgen and I was wrapped with 215/45/17 on 17x8.25 +35et rim. That was perfect and I did lower my car. But for this one I'm not lowering it for sure until like next summer thats I thought a wide profile (55) would've been suitable :P but ye please help me! :P

Reactions: Nix
9006 is the low beam
9005 is the high beam / daytime running light in one

If I were to get LED DRL's would I lose my high beam? is there any way of retrieving it. I've seen how they look and the white looks so crisp during the day but once you flick em on there so dim, nothing like the stocks brightness. I need them for the night when driving on the highway I flick em on for two seconds to see the signs :(

yes, you will lose your high beams and you'll get a warning on the imid because the voltage will be wrong. Best bet would be to get a white(er) halogen bulb for the high beams.

example like sylverstar ultra on the right / oem on the left

K9iN6lU.jpg

problem being is that most people say they can only get like a year or so out of them before the burn out. There are other brands that are comparable, but they will most likely not last like oem bulbs.

Hehe sorry man, just been answering lots of stuff for first post people and they never come back to check on the answer.... in any case....

225/40/18 for 18" wheels

225/45/17 for 17" wheels

Both are a near perfect fit for an 8" wheel and those sizes are within 1% of the factory calibration on your speedometer. Also if you aren't going super low you shouldn't have any rubbing issues. A lot of people have been running very aggressive wheel sizes and saying they are not having any fitment problems but I don't know how reliable or truthful that is.

You could certainly run the stock 215 on an 8" or even a 9" wheel but that really depends on how comfortable you are with stretched tires. I personally don't like the idea of it but sometimes a slight stretch isn't terrible. Say like a 225 on a 9". Definitely on the edge I think, but some people will stretch the heck out of a 205 on a 9".

On the sedans I think an 18" looks better than a 17" simply because the car has a larger "shape" than the coupe.
Let us know if you have other questions.

Hehe sorry man, just been answering lots of stuff for first post people and they never come back to check on the answer.... in any case....

225/40/18 for 18" wheels

225/45/17 for 17" wheels

Both are a near perfect fit for an 8" wheel and those sizes are within 1% of the factory calibration on your speedometer. Also if you aren't going super low you shouldn't have any rubbing issues. A lot of people have been running very aggressive wheel sizes and saying they are not having any fitment problems but I don't know how reliable or truthful that is.

You could certainly run the stock 215 on an 8" or even a 9" wheel but that really depends on how comfortable you are with stretched tires. I personally don't like the idea of it but sometimes a slight stretch isn't terrible. Say like a 225 on a 9". Definitely on the edge I think, but some people will stretch the heck out of a 205 on a 9".

On the sedans I think an 18" looks better than a 17" simply because the car has a larger "shape" than the coupe.
Let us know if you have other questions.

Hey thanks for your input I'm gonna do a couple test fits and see what appeals to me. I shall update you :)

yes, you will lose your high beams and you'll get a warning on the imid because the voltage will be wrong. Best bet would be to get a white(er) halogen bulb for the high beams.

example like sylverstar ultra on the right / oem on the left

K9iN6lU.jpg

problem being is that most people say they can only get like a year or so out of them before the burn out. There are other brands that are comparable, but they will most likely not last like oem bulbs.

Hey thanks for the input, where can I purchase those bulbs? only online? I actually live in Toronto, theres this shop called Nextmod, maybe they'd have em. But ye hopefully I'll be able to get that full year or more :)

Autozone/pepboys/advanced auto...walmart may even have them. Amazon/eBay have them if you want to buy online.

I have those exact bulbs. I am running mine as the drl/highbeam though. They are decent. I don't know how they are as a low beam bulb. My wife has the yellow version as her drl and they have lasted about two years. One burned out initially so I picked up a second pack and just replaced the one. Its been over a year and they are still running fine. Got mine from xenon depot, aka kbcarstuff.com, they are one of the forum vendors and I believe they ship to Canada quite cheaply. Really awesome customer service too. I received a damaged item from them and they took care of it with no problems.

I have those exact bulbs. I am running mine as the drl/highbeam though. They are decent. I don't know how they are as a low beam bulb. My wife has the yellow version as her drl and they have lasted about two years. One burned out initially so I picked up a second pack and just replaced the one. Its been over a year and they are still running fine. Got mine from xenon depot, aka kbcarstuff.com, they are one of the forum vendors and I believe they ship to Canada quite cheaply. Really awesome customer service too. I received a damaged item from them and they took care of it with no problems.

Sweet, thanks :)

IMG_20140216_195407.jpg IMG_20140225_094250.jpg IMG_20140120_123721.jpg IMG_20140120_120203.jpg IMG_20140223_123843.jpg IMG_20140111_120410.jpg Hey i also have a 2013 civic ex sedan. For my rims I got some chromium black xxr 530s. 18x8.75 +20 offset. Tires are 225/40/18. Fits perfect to me and my speedometer don't seem off at all. I'm also looking to get hids or some new oem projector headlights so help is needed on that. I hope this post helps. IMG_20140216_195407.jpg

Looks great. Nice wheels and tire size.

HID kits are all usually pretty similar. Just make sure you get the correct bulb size, 9006 for low beams 9005 for highs, and get a wiring harness with it and you should be all set. Projectors are far superior but the better performance is definitely reflected in the price.

View attachment 34456 View attachment 34457 View attachment 34458 View attachment 34459 View attachment 34460 View attachment 34461 Hey i also have a 2013 civic ex sedan. For my rims I got some chromium black xxr 530s. 18x8.75 +20 offset. Tires are 225/40/18. Fits perfect to me and my speedometer don't seem off at all. I'm also looking to get hids or some new oem projector headlights so help is needed on that. I hope this post helps. View attachment 34456
Thanks so much, it actually did help, my car is also white and now i have a better visual :) do you plan on lowering it? and how finger gap is there between fender and wheel? My car is basically naked :P zero mods :(

imo100.jpg

2n1gmdj.jpg

I actually used to have an 8thgen before it looked like this. I have 8000k hid for my low beams (9006) and I have nokya yellow halogen drls (9005) and same for my fog lights they were nokya yellow halogen (H11) All the bulb sizes are the same for the 8thgens and 9thgens, so I'm gonna use my old ballast for the hids and just grab the 6000k hid for my 9th I thought it would look cleaner with the white but if anything I can just go with the 8000k since I already have them. And as for DRLS I'm gonna do the nokya arctic white halogens and fog lights I'm gonna do later but most likely those would be 6000k as well to match the low beams. But the colour contrast between the 8000k and the yellow fog lights looked so dope! :) and ye it does look decent without you lowering but trust me it would look way better lowered, the only reason I'm not lowering it because I'm sharing with my sister for the time being :( and also what exhaust do you have on that?

I also plan on doing 6k all the way around whenever i find an affordable site to get some from.where did you buy yours from? but i just have an exhaust tip on for now. I'm actually working with a guy on trying to do a dual exhaust. Hopefully nobody steals my idea since I just said it. Lol but I'm trying to do something like this.

Attachments

• downloadfile-9.jpeg
    downloadfile-9.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 18
I also plan on doing 6k all the way around whenever i find an affordable site to get some from.where did you buy yours from? but i just have an exhaust tip on for now. I'm actually working with a guy on trying to do a dual exhaust. Hopefully nobody steals my idea since I just said it. Lol but I'm trying to do something like this.

The dual exhaust looks sweet! and i actually get mine from a shop near my house, they've got some good stuff and i've heard that zitaku is a good HID brand, take a look into it, thats what I had before for my 8th and did you weld your tip or is it bolt on? I'm trying do something with my exhaust, my car is purely show because it is automatic - _ - but ye, i was looking to get either an si axelback if i find one for a decent price or just get a bolt on tip, they go for about 30$ here so its nothing big

Back