Newbie from the East Coast of Canada

Car look so nice when it's clean....Jealous of you right now...We got almost 30 cms of snow here on Saturday :( It needs to warm up now and melt it all...I'm itching to get out and clean mine!!

Car look so nice when it's clean....Jealous of you right now...We got almost 30 cms of snow here on Saturday :( It needs to warm up now and melt it all...I'm itching to get out and clean mine!!

Wow, that's a respectable snowfall - at least by PA standards. How many meters of snow would you say you get in an average winter?

Here in southeast PA, we got nearly 2 meters the previous winter season (2010-2011), but not even a half meter total between the fall/winter this past season. I'm not complaining mind you, since I know we could just as easily get wolloped next winter, and have had some really nasty ones in past years.

Ugh... that sucks. We're supposed to be getting some snow on Wednesday but it's pretty minimal I think. We had lots but then with that weird weather stream that went through we got 2 days that were 25+ degrees and it melted every last bit of it. Anything that has fallen since then hasn't stuck around long as the ground thawed out too.

30cm is a decent dump most places. 11+ inches with some wind could yield some excellent drifts.

Wow, that's a respectable snowfall - at least by PA standards. How many meters of snow would you say you get in an average winter?

Here in southeast PA, we got nearly 2 meters the previous winter season (2010-2011), but not even a half meter total between the fall/winter this past season. I'm not complaining mind you, since I know we could just as easily get wolloped next winter, and have had some really nasty ones in past years.

We usually get between 3 and 3.5 meters of snow on average during the winters....the past few winters though we've been getting more of a snow/rain mix...I remember back in 2000/2001 we got dumped with over 600 cms that winter

Ugh... that sucks. We're supposed to be getting some snow on Wednesday but it's pretty minimal I think. We had lots but then with that weird weather stream that went through we got 2 days that were 25+ degrees and it melted every last bit of it. Anything that has fallen since then hasn't stuck around long as the ground thawed out too.

Yea I was so jealous of you guys getting that weather....We never got any where near those types of temperature here yet :( I was pumped the other day when we climbed to a scorching 8 C (~46 F)..Had the sunroof opened on the way home from work and everything haha

Thats like 20feet lol. Have any pics from big storms?

Yea I was so jealous of you guys getting that weather....We never got any where near those types of temperature here yet :( I was pumped the other day when we climbed to a scorching 8 C (~46 F)..Had the sunroof opened on the way home from work and everything haha
If it makes you feel better, it was warmer those 2 days in March than any single day we got all last August. We're back down to an average of 3 to 6ish degrees now. It was sunny but quite chilly on Sunday when I washed the car so I had to wear rubber gloves, lol.

mount washington - bend, oregon hit 600+ inches in one ski season a year ago. :snow:

Thats like 20feet lol. Have any pics from big storms?
I will upload my pics from "White Juan" when i get home tonight. Snow up to my house's roof and cars/trucks/vans throughout the neighborhood buried to the point you couldn't see them at all! Good times :)

Here is one from a couple winters ago after a snow storm that was taken about 10 minutes away after a snow storm

2149507262_8785ba623f_o.jpg

Here is one of my truck back in 2008

8418_304790810120_634045120_9205402_3286800_n.jpg

^ Yeah. I don't think I can ever ***** out getting only a light dusting once throughout this past winter.

^ Yeah. I don't think I can ever ***** out getting only a light dusting once throughout this past winter.

I couldn't imagine having a nice car like hers and then a getting it covered in salt/snow days after I buy it, winter was kind to PA this year.

I couldn't imagine having a nice car like hers and then a getting it covered in salt/snow days after I buy it, winter was kind to PA this year.
Haha, you either get used to it or you buy a winter beater. I just hate not being able to keep it clean. We've got a snow storm going on at this exact moment :snow:
Ah well... HFP suspension getting installed on Monday anyways and if the snow has cleared up by then the winter tires will be coming off too. It doesn't usually stick around much at least this time of the year.

Back