"No, He Didn't!" ... Why, Yes. I Did, Actually - My '98 Kaiser Silver NSX Coupe

Well, its been a long time coming. Tons of searching, several emergencies and family crises, and several years in the Middle East, have led me to own one of 3 USDM 1998 Kaiser Silver NA2 NSX Hard-top Coupes.

I've always drooled over them as a kid, and began searching diligently 3 years ago. That search was interrupted by the news of cancer in the family roughly 2 years ago. (That family member is now in remission. Thank our lucky stars!)
The search began again in 2013, but was again interrupted by the possibility of lack of purchase-funds. Once again, the search picked up in Jan. of 2014.

Finally, and just by chance, in April (2014) I came across what I didn't even know existed. An *NA2* (3.2L/6spd) *hard-top* coupe. (I had been under the impression that all NA2 NSX's were Targa models.) While that is somewhat true, being that all NA2 coupes were specially ordered between 1997 and 2001, only 22 total exist between those model years. Only 15 of which, are manuals. Again, a round number of three total in Kaiser Silver for MY1998. ( http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Production_Numbers )

After that realization, I couldn't pass up the opportunity, and made the seller an offer immediately. (Which apparently beat other potential buyer's offers by a decent enough amount.)

Now, one month later, I am the proud owner of it, and couldn't be happier. I realize that many will hate/ostricize me for owning one, as if to say "that prick"... Be that as it may, know that I've worked, searched, suffered, and made many sacrifices to call it "my own".

Now, all that aside, be a nice guy/gal, and I might agree to letting you take it for spin. (No pun intended.) Might even let @CorSport drive it. ;)

In the meantime, enjoy the pictures!

Current modifications:

18x7.5 ET40 /19x9.5 ET24 Volk GT-F with 215-35 / 275-30 Toyo Proxes T1R tires
JRZ Suspension Engineering Club RS 2-way adjustable dampers with 300 lb Hyperco springs
Anytime Racing/Borla exhaust
Comptech clutch
(Powergrip I? Uncertain at this point.)
NSX-R chassis braces
Downforce NSX-R bumper undertray
Downforce NSX-R battery undertray
Okuyama rear strut tower bar
RM Racing intake
Downforce carbon fiber lexan-windowed engine cover
Downforce carbon fiber rear engine garnish
4300k HID headlight kit
Science of Speed brushed aluminum gauge bezels
Science of Speed Type-S shift knob

2qsc85j.jpg

iddbfm.jpg

2jbadd1.jpg

10mufpd.jpg

2gwxtkx.jpg

j66csh.jpg

219ul46.jpg

x1is76.jpg
This nsx is hot! :o

Hopefully they look decent in person and aren't that fake plastic rope stuff. Got about a week left yea?

Well, its been a long time coming. Tons of searching, several emergencies and family crises, and several years in the Middle East, have led me to own one of 3 USDM 1998 Kaiser Silver NA2 NSX Hard-top Coupes.

I've always drooled over them as a kid, and began searching diligently 3 years ago. That search was interrupted by the news of cancer in the family roughly 2 years ago. (That family member is now in remission. Thank our lucky stars!)
The search began again in 2013, but was again interrupted by the possibility of lack of purchase-funds. Once again, the search picked up in Jan. of 2014.

Finally, and just by chance, in April (2014) I came across what I didn't even know existed. An *NA2* (3.2L/6spd) *hard-top* coupe. (I had been under the impression that all NA2 NSX's were Targa models.) While that is somewhat true, being that all NA2 coupes were specially ordered between 1997 and 2001, only 22 total exist between those model years. Only 15 of which, are manuals. Again, a round number of three total in Kaiser Silver for MY1998. ( http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Production_Numbers )

After that realization, I couldn't pass up the opportunity, and made the seller an offer immediately. (Which apparently beat other potential buyer's offers by a decent enough amount.)

Now, one month later, I am the proud owner of it, and couldn't be happier. I realize that many will hate/ostricize me for owning one, as if to say "that prick"... Be that as it may, know that I've worked, searched, suffered, and made many sacrifices to call it "my own".

Now, all that aside, be a nice guy/gal, and I might agree to letting you take it for spin. (No pun intended.) Might even let @CorSport drive it. ;)

In the meantime, enjoy the pictures!

Current modifications:

18x7.5 ET40 /19x9.5 ET24 Volk GT-F with 215-35 / 275-30 Toyo Proxes T1R tires
JRZ Suspension Engineering Club RS 2-way adjustable dampers with 300 lb Hyperco springs
Anytime Racing/Borla exhaust
Comptech clutch
(Powergrip I? Uncertain at this point.)
NSX-R chassis braces
Downforce NSX-R bumper undertray
Downforce NSX-R battery undertray
Okuyama rear strut tower bar
RM Racing intake
Downforce carbon fiber lexan-windowed engine cover
Downforce carbon fiber rear engine garnish
4300k HID headlight kit
Science of Speed brushed aluminum gauge bezels
Science of Speed Type-S shift knob

2qsc85j.jpg

iddbfm.jpg

2jbadd1.jpg

10mufpd.jpg

2gwxtkx.jpg

j66csh.jpg

219ul46.jpg

x1is76.jpg
wow I jizzed in my pants when I seen this lol better than any corvette or viper I'd say

Hopefully they look decent in person and aren't that fake plastic rope stuff. Got about a week left yea?

If they're not what I expect, they can always be sold. Someone voiced their opinion to me earlier stating that they were "ricey" - I suppose I can see that, but in the same vein, I think I'm somewhat OK with that, and quite possibly might be the reason behind my inexplainable attraction to them. (A half-joke, in an otherwise serious car.)

From what I understand, they are, in fact, made of legitimate hemp. We'll see.

And yea, I'll be back very soon. @greg porter and I are getting very anxious. ... To the point of aggravation, I believe.

Reactions: Nix
If they're not what I expect, they can always be sold. Someone voiced their opinion to me earlier stating that they were "ricey" - I suppose I can see that, but in the same vein, I think I'm somewhat OK with that, and quite possibly might be the reason behind my inexplainable attraction to them. (A half-joke, in an otherwise serious car.)

From what I understand, they are, in fact, made of legitimate hemp. We'll see.

And yea, I'll be back very soon. @greg porter and I are getting very anxious. ... To the point of aggravation, I believe.

Man I cannot imagine the anxiousness...I have always held the NSX as my dream car and am happy to see someone that cares get one. Cant wait for more updates on it! Favorite honda of all time, hands down. (other than the Integra Type R.)

Back