No rub?

Enigma346

Virginia Beach, VA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
So after seeing @r18-power and the way his civic looks with his rims. Avid 1 model 06, I was wondering with my 2inch drop from the d2 springs, what size tire I could get with out rubbing. Right now I think my tires don't have enough meat as well. (Image of car below, without d2 springs). I like how meaty R18s are but he said he had to rub. If I stayed on 17s would this eliminate? IMG_20160829_153658.jpg

Was he running camber arms? It'd be helpful to know how many degrees he was running or how low he was. The front should stay right around 0 degrees stock when lowering, but the back gains negative camber as you lower naturally. Do you run camber arms etc?

I have camber arms yes. @r18-power can you answer the questions above please? Trying to figure out how I want my car. Of course I'm not going same specs, just an idea

Also @webby do you know any good sites to buy rims from? Possibly a site that also installs tires on them before shipping? If not the second part, it's cool.

tirerack does. I don't know if discount tire does, but I'd imagine they would since tirerack does.

What are the specs on the wheels you are wanting to purchase? It's impossible to say if you will have rub with a certain set of tires without knowing the other variables in the system.

@Enigma346 Hey, I have 225/40/18 tires, I am running SPC rear camber kit and no camber kit up front, my camber settings are close to stock (I did not want retarded camber wear on my tires) front is set to 0.8 (stock is ~0.5) and rear is set to 1.3 (stock is ~1.5). Remember my wheels are 18x8.5 +35 which with the combo of tires, 2" drop and camber settings made me rub on bumps, but like I said I had my front fenders rolled and rears rolled/slightly pulled (It looks stock) I had hem professionally done for $80 which is the best thing I did I now have 0 I really mean 0 rub, even with the car full of cloths and people, I actually went to GA in my car in December and did not have a single issue with rubbing. You could potentially run a 18x8 +35 215/40/18 tires and you probably wont rub and it would still look semiflush.

Thanks! Anyone have a good tire and decent looking tire they would suggest?
What's your climate like? Do you run winter tires in winter? Do you ever get snow or freezing temperatures? That'll determine if you have to get all seasons, summer tires etc

We don't get snow but once a year normally. Not really much to worry about. Roads back to normal in about a day to three days. Normally I just run one set of tires.

If you get temps below 40 degrees, and you're running one set of tires...you need to look for all-season tires. Do you do any autocross or any spirited driving type stuff?

I drive spirited in North Carolina on the back roads when I go visit people. No autocross or anything. Yes we get temps below 40. Just snow but once a year normally.

Thank you! Reviews are awesome. Sadly they have fewer than 2 in stock. It would be worth the wait till April unless I find then else where.

Thank you! Reviews are awesome. Sadly they have fewer than 2 in stock. It would be worth the wait till April unless I find then else where.
well that was just one size I clicked on. I didn't know if you were going 225wide.

I do like the wide look. I might order then and just wait for the order to be filled. I have patience..... Some what. I appreciate all the help. You guys are a wealth of knowledge.

Back