Not a 9th gen, but I could really use some help!

fg3_colton

Tampa
Vehicle Model
Civic, LX
Body Style
Coupe
Long story short, friend and I just finished rebuilding the engine (FA20) for our 2014 Subaru BRZ Premium. Before the accident, owner said the car was running perfectly, and would even start after the accident. Now we can’t seem to get it to idle On its own.

It’s worth mentioning that we can get it to idle when spraying starting fluid directly down the TB. Now this seems like a simple fuel delivery issue, but unfortunately I think it’s more complicated. I’ve checked the fuses for the Fuel pump, ECU, Injectors (both bank one and two) and injection module (for some reason it’s separate from the ECU??) and they’re all fine. Even tested the fuel pump motor directly. So now I need y’alls help because I’m officially stumped.

Here’s a video and a list of OBD codes I could pull.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Am9GDGzncRj4hjz4laossENq4WXA

7917fb2b86a353064573ed84506109eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Things we checked shortly after my original post:

Vacuum lines coming from both the TB and intake manifold

MAF: verified it worked by testing the wiring and seeing the data it was sending to the ECU through Torque Pro.

Fuel pressure (also using Torque Pro)

@bootyluvr didn’t you have camshaft errors with yours? I know you had a few repeated issues the dealer fixed.

@bootyluvr didn’t you have camshaft errors with yours? I know you had a few repeated issues the dealer fixed.

In regards to that, I forgot to mention that the timing code it threw uses data from a cam position sensor that was replaced with one that was marketed as “Brand new” and “OEM Equivalent” so it’s possible this sensor is faulty. We’re gonna try and get a working one from a friend with a BRZ to see if that fixes our issue. But any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/o...ur-car-today-thread.4356/page-228#post-405445

He posted about camshaft errors numerous times, and I know the dealer did work like 3+ times on his. One time they pulled his engine, but he’d be better to tell you all the details on what they repaired or replaced each time.

Yeah mine was always P0016 (Camshaft Position A - Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 1))

They replaced a ton of ****. Replaced the oil control valve (OCV), ECU multiple times, replaced multiple sensors

It was annoying as ****. I ended up trading in the '15 WRX since I didn't trust it :/ Sorry I couldn't help more.

Back