Not my first civic...

Welcome! Both are really good looking cars. good luck on the project. I don't see many of those silver coupes. nice choice

Thanks man. First up is the cdv delete. Should get some coilovers in the next week or 2.

:bricks: wow what a mess. Moved your thread into the build area

Yea the inside of his car was muddy as hell. I told him to leave the bear prints so the rental place could believe him. Hahaha.

So. Since this happened to my eg guess Ima have to wait to buy parts for the si. Gonna start pulling the engine today tomorrow since u have 4/20 off. :) but ****!!!!!!!! How does this happen. In all the engines Ive seen.

image.jpeg

All I've done on the si is removed all stickers and emblems. Besides that the eg has been taking up all my time. Before this happened I just diagnosed and fixed an electrical problem. Ima pull it, replace the clutch flywheel, gates tb, new tapped moroso oil pan, and new sk2 valve train. Gotta be honest though seems like the car is cursed.

Did that happen while you were driving? Any damage to the oil pan?

Yea. Hard shift from 2nd to 3rd. Yea caught on the front corner. U can see a fat dent but no hole. Bolts caught on the cam gears so I'm sure I need new gears.

All I need to do is the ***** bolt, fuel lines and some Lil things. Then she can be pulled. Just need to track down my hoist and leveler.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

And it begins... Small steps.

image.jpg image.jpg

I like taller shift knobs. (That's what she said). For me they're a must on track and canyon runs. I even took the short shifter off my eg. Hated it.

Looks fun but man, gotta keep it in your lane! It looks from the video like you drift over the yellow quite a bit. If its just the angle then nm, but yeah, a head on would be bad.

Nice pic though!

I've done a few swaps but this thing is still a Mitch to get out. View attachment 52822
First time i took mine out I pulled the whole tranny linkage attached because it was so stuck. Wound up using a torch and a 4lb hammer to finally get it loose. replaced with a new pin slathered in anti-sieze and havent had issues since,

If I can't get it loose I usually use a c clamp with a bolt or an air hammer. If u don't have a lift there's little room to swing a hammer. It came out with a bolt an hammer this time but I def need a new pin for when I reinstall it. Also tons of pb blaster. My best friend.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Yes. Unless my buddy sells me his Crx shell. Intense negotiations are in progress. As u can see my front rad support is crooked as hell to if I keep it that's definitely being done. I've only replaced one once and not looking forward to doing it again. I need to replace a whole ton of stuff now that I look at it. I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing this engine go into a Crx in a couple weeks though. Heavier body but sexy af.

Back