OE projector signal/running light wiring for sequential?

dwmilton

El Paso, TX
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Sedan
I read through the forum quite a bit, and also PM'ed a few people, but need some input.

I've ordered my projectors from kplayground; and am getting everything together, so I'm ready to install when they arrive. I'd planned to use the pigtails to make PnP harnesses, but am also considering just tapping into my existing signal harnesses.

Here's why: I'd really like the inner/outer "sequential" signals as seen in a video clip posted here in several places, but wasn't sure if the PnP harness would give that effect. From what I saw in the way you wire it up (from the socket pinout), you'd have the outer lights as running lights, and the inners as signals. My thinking is that you'd need both inner & outer wired as signals, to achieve the "sequential" effect.

If I'm overlooking something, please let me know!

I did read in one place that a member who'd spliced the factory harness later realized he had to reverse the polarity of the inner lights, to get them to work sequentially. Is it the reversed polarity that allows them to flash "opposite" of one another?

Just wondering the how's and whys, so I can do this all right, the first time.

No info, from further digging.

I'm pretty sure I can figure it out, and will post a DIY once I get the lights in, and all set up.

Back