Official Computer Talk Thread

Nope, I am just going to wait until around Christmas now. So I can say it is my gift lol. That way I can maybe talk my wife in to letting me spend a little more.

Nope, I am just going to wait until around Christmas now. So I can say it is my gift lol. That way I can maybe talk my wife in to letting me spend a little more.

Waiting will also let you see what new hardware is going to be released this year. The new models of graphics cards generally start releasing around this time.

I see the wife wears the pants in your relationship ;)

Waiting will also let you see what new hardware is going to be released this year. The new models of graphics cards generally start releasing around this time.

^ Yeah that makes sense. I was going to get a GTX 1080 now that they have came down since the Bitcoin/Mining phase but I might as well wait until the new series is released.

I see the wife wears the pants in your relationship ;)

^ Yeah that makes sense. I was going to get a GTX 1080 now that they have came down since the Bitcoin/Mining phase but I might as well wait until the new series is released.
Lol nah, I am also trying to get a turbo hopefully next year.

nice...what'd you order?

506db95101d66b210010b1a007c67949.png

And

a6d916e1557c81c9ac141b3720733e33.png

Looks like that’ll be a real nice setup

I wanted something that will hold up for a while. My current rig is about 6 years old minus the graphics card.

Will be interested to see what temps are like with the custom water loop that includes cooling the gpu.

I don't see any hard drive awesome. Are you going with conventional SSD? M.2? Or you gonna go with over-sized and slow spinners?

I don't see any hard drive awesome. Are you going with conventional SSD? M.2? Or you gonna go with over-sized and slow spinners?

I will be spending some time restructuring my current 3 drive setup. My C:/ drive currently is 1TB and mostly full. I'm going to move some stuff around to get it under 250gb then switch it out for a SSD of that size.

Congrats on the upgrade @Flightmaster127

I picture you being an AMD fan ;)

I've used AMD processors since i built my fist PC back in 2006. I haven't had any issues with them and their price point has always been more accessible. I've spent quite a while researching my processor choice this time and the ryzen series is comparable to a good intel setup without breaking the bank. I did do something out of my norm and went with an Nvidia card. The 1080 is pretty much the performance champ currently and i chose the card specifically because the EK water cooling kit comes with a block to add the GPU to the cooling loop.

People never use to mix AMD with Nvidia components but now it doesn't matter.

I want to upgrade my 970.. But will wait until the 1180 comes out in a month or two.

I used to mix AMD graphics with Intel chips. I think I once had an AMD processor and Nvidia graphics.

Perhaps why it's done that way is through brand loyalty. You don't want to mix AMD with non-AMD...might as well mix AMD with AMD with AMD and make it work right. Nobody gives a f*** about Intel. And the only people who use AMD are well, AMD fanboys.

I use to have a GTX 770. With my setup a 970 is struggling in some games.

Monitors -> 27" 1440p 144hz / 27" 1440p 60hz

His monitor is only running like 720p. I gave him a 1080p monitor to use but he doesn't want to tax his card even more.

I used to have some ati cards before amd purchased them

I had an old ATI Rage card in one of the desktops my dad built me when I was a kid. You know the kind with the built in TV tuner that never worked right.

Back