Official Computer Talk Thread

Got my internet hard wired to the new computer and pleased that I'm getting the good speeds.

View attachment 60097

Also downloaded the free Borderlands 3 game along with XBOX game pass and didn't realize how large the games are to download.

I just finished the story missions Sunday, but still only lvl 41. I'd definitely be down to play.

That's crazy. The BL3 was around 64GB and I downloaded Forza 4 and it was around 74GB
Downloaded Hitman 2 with the Legacy DLC so I can play Hitman 1 contracts on Hitman 2.

101GB... And I had to completely uninstall to get it to install properly. Had some issue with space allocation and just kept "verifying" the install.

Just moved my internet access to 500/500. Gonna be enjoying those speeds. Also got a TP-Link Deco mesh network system for Christmas from my brother. No more WiFi dead spots in the house.

Just moved my internet access to 500/500. Gonna be enjoying those speeds. Also got a TP-Link Deco mesh network system for Christmas from my brother. No more WiFi dead spots in the house.

Could you share which ISP you use? I'm looking to switch.

Does any have a recommendation for an external drive I can use with both my Mac and PC? I'd like to have something that can backup both and share between both if that is even possible.

Any of you guys give YouTube TV a run yet? I’ve been trying it and tried Hulu Live. YouTube TV is indistinguishable to watching regular TV. Hulu was awful.

Dumping the cable company again and using YouTube TV with Netflix (now mostly paid by T-Mobile) and Amazon Prime. Saves us $60/month in video taxes and equipment fees charged to us and another $25 after moving the internet from 100/100 Mbps to 500/500 Mbps. Weird, you get most of the same programming and save $85 a month by streaming.

Any of you guys give YouTube TV a run yet? I’ve been trying it and tried Hulu Live. YouTube TV is indistinguishable to watching regular TV. Hulu was awful.

Dumping the cable company again and using YouTube TV with Netflix (now mostly paid by T-Mobile) and Amazon Prime. Saves us $60/month in video taxes and equipment fees charged to us and another $25 after moving the internet from 100/100 Mbps to 500/500 Mbps. Weird, you get most of the same programming and save $85 a month by streaming.

I have not tried the YouTube TV yet but I dropped my direct TV since the price went through the roof $45 a month to 150 a month for less than what you get with Hulu and I was getting a military discount along with being an ATT customer. I did get the Disney app it good especially if you got kids my wife really likes it.

Unfortunately we won't ever switch from Comcast (cable). I just have to call to get a better deal yearly.

I've got DirecTV and currently getting $80/month off my bill. Everytime it goes up I call and they drop it again. I have been looking into YouTube. I know a lot of people who have it and love it. Theres another one called Philo that can add more channels to it for like $20 more per month.

Anyone into sff builds? Here is my new setup
Ghost S1 case
MSI B450 I mobo
AMD 3800x
32gb of gskill ram
500gb Samsung evo nvme
Nvidia 2080ti

Picture of 1.5l bottle next to the case for size comparison

ca2c106bf6ff9b1db87635a551e3c253.jpg

65dd9478e5ded2743c3b05479d942c8b.jpg

I have a build in a Fractal Node 202. I use that if I have to travel for extended periods. I can just pull my 1080 from my full size and pop it into the Fractal.

Back