Official Computer Talk Thread

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO is a great budget friendly CPU cooler. It can be purchased on sale (have to wait for the deals) for $20 (normally $30).

Air > water (closed loop)

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO is a great budget friendly CPU cooler. It can be purchased on sale (have to wait for the deals) for $20 (normally $30).

Air > water (closed loop)

Air is cheaper than water by far, don't know if I'd argue that air does better than an aio closed loop setup though. Might depend on the setup and case design.

water wins in the case of noise though. A bunch of case fans can be annoying.
that was one thing I was reading about the full tower was that even though they are lager with more space they tend to have hot spots so people will use more fans that will cause more noise. but the liquid cooling way is good but cost a bit more.

that was one thing I was reading about the full tower was that even though they are lager with more space they tend to have hot spots so people will use more fans that will cause more noise. but the liquid cooling way is good but cost a bit more.

Depending on your needs you can get a pre packaged loop from 65-100 bucks. Much quieter than a bunch of fans running at full speed.

Air is cheaper than water by far, don't know if I'd argue that air does better than an aio closed loop setup though. Might depend on the setup and case design.
Similar cooling but my Corsair aio's were louder than my current 212 Evo
water wins in the case of noise though. A bunch of case fans can be annoying.
Not necessarily. Like I said above my h100i v2 and h100i GTX were louder than my 212 Evo
Depending on your needs you can get a pre packaged loop from 65-100 bucks. Much quieter than a bunch of fans running at full speed.
Don't go Corsair

I'm sure that's true. I ran a fanless radiator system before without issues. It was basically all diy pieces/parts and also a larger reservoir and radiator to handle temps.

Hmmm.... Reading some reviews/talk about the GTX 1070 Ti. It suppose to be close to 1080 performance but cheaper.

They always say that but something on it ends up being subpar by far. Like number of cuda cores or something. It'll perform well for XXXX but when you do this, you need to have the 1080....

I've been watching alot of computer hadware review type videos lately and all the higher end performance seems mostly similar for the price. Like to the point that a casual gamer or someone who doesnt have to have the highest framerate humanly possible could get the lower tier card and achieve more. They also talk alot about overclocking which is something that Ireally havent gotten into.

I want an HTPC for $8. I couldn't even get cables worth that little.

Newegg issued fraudulent purchase orders for the purported purchase of home theater personal computers (“HTPCs”) and other goods manufactured by Moneual. With regard to the HTPCs, Moneual purported to charge ASI and Newegg between $2,530 and $2,980 per HTPC unit, and those amounts were stated on the invoices and purchase orders from ASI and Newegg upon which the Banks advanced funds to Moneual. However, the Banks later learned that in reality, the HTPCs were only worth $8 per unit.

$8 for an HTPC tho!!!

$100 case
$100 power supply
$500 video
$500 storage
$200 ram
$200 mobo
peripherals, monitors, fans....

People are claiming that “htpc” mentioned is the htpc “case”. So no guts ...just the bare htpc case.

I have a question about connecting my Laptop to my TV with an HDMI cable. so when I just connect with the HDMI the picture shows on the TV but no sound. now when I go to the speaker in the bottom right and right click to open the the setting I don' see the tv even when making sure hidden things are shown(by right clicking). I don't see my TV.

I get it to work if I go to control panel and add devices by removing all and surching and adding it back. but each time I change the channel or unplug the HDMI I got to start over. i have tried restarting the devices and uninstall them but can't seem to get my Laptop to keep my TV locked in. even though the video will play the sound out put will not.
but does anyone know a way to get my Laptop to remember my TV for audo?

I think @bootyluvr uses a laptop with his tv, so maybe he knows

I have connected my HP laptop to my TV via the HDMI cable but never had an issue with the audio. Plug and play.

I just plug it in and change the input on the TV and it works fine.

Sorry I don't have any suggestions :(

normally mine works fine(on the old tv) but wanted to us my newer smart tv and for some reason it will not let me set as defaul I have to remove it from devices and and add it back each time to get the audio to work. my HP hard drive crashed. so I am using a cheap Toshiba satellite that I really only got for my Hondata.

Back