Official Computer Talk Thread

so I fixed my connection issues by accient. so I unplugged my HDMI cable to to play a game and all of a sudden my computer connected to my TV by Bluetooth . so much better than plugging in the HDMI and moving my Laptop around.

Dog kicked the power supply turning off the computer. For some reason it really didn't want to POST. Took about 10 minutes for it to get going again. UGH

Probably. Not a huge fan of the motherboard that I got on my computer. It's super powerful but it takes forever to start anytime that I start the computer up. Thing runs like a damn champion once it goes but takes for ever to load POST and load BIOS.

...still is the only mini-ITX board out there that supports 2x M.2 2280 storage devices.

Probably. Not a huge fan of the motherboard that I got on my computer. It's super powerful but it takes forever to start anytime that I start the computer up. Thing runs like a damn champion once it goes but takes for ever to load POST and load BIOS.

...still is the only mini-ITX board out there that supports 2x M.2 2280 storage devices.
Did you use normal hard drives or? I’d have to dig to look up what you used.

i'm like the only person who hasnt gotten a SSD for their system yet.

Yes

My other computer has two, a 240 GB for OS and 500 GB for programs. Both are 2.5" form factors. The ones on my newest rig are the M.2 2280 form factor. I also have 2 3.5" spin drives that I'm trying to figure out what to do with. I'm being lazy right now and not transferring one of the 2.5" SSD to my new rig and setting up the old rig to be a storage cloud.

Last edited:
Yes

My other computer has two, a 240 GB for OS and 500 GB for programs. Both are 2.5" form factors. The ones on my newest rig are the M.2 2280 form factor. I also have 2 3.5" spin drives that I'm trying to figure out what to do with. I'm being lazy right now and not transferring one of the 2.5" SSD to my new rig and setting up the old rig to be a storage cloud.

I have three 3.5" drives. I'm just to damn lazy to convert them to SSD and reorganize all my files.

It's actually really easy these days. There are lot of good transfer utilities. I did it on my laptop a few years ago. I took out the spin drive and put in an SSD. If I recall correctly, it was a free clone utility provided by Samsung, who made the SSD for that very purpose.

It's actually really easy these days. There are lot of good transfer utilities. I did it on my laptop a few years ago. I took out the spin drive and put in an SSD. If I recall correctly, it was a free clone utility provided by Samsung, who made the SSD for that very purpose.
I'm also an idiot and have the majority of my crap saved on the C drive so i'd have to buy like a 1TB SSD which is not in my budget currently.

New Bluetooth headset (Bose QC 35 II) wasn't connecting to the computer. Turned out I needed to put on the antenna my dog ate back when I built the machine. So, I ordered a replacement antenna and it shipped amazingly quick. First step done. Headset connects successfully! However, the Bluetooth would connect and disconnect every 5-10 seconds though. Drivers have been updated for stability since I put the machine together earlier this summer so I updated the drivers. Hit up a handful of the other drivers while I was at it. However, after the reboots there, it did the same thing....

Went to ASUS online forum. What was the solution? Reset the CMOS by unplugging the computer and holding the power button down for 15 seconds. I do that but the board won't POST after putting power back to it. WTF?!?! Unplug and retry. POST success and computer turns on. Now everything works okay, the Bluetooth stays connected and I'm a happy camper.

Oh, the fun of computer...

I think the last asus board I had required the “watch battery” to be pulled off to clear cmos.

Back