Official Gun Thread

After a couple months of waiting, I finally got my PAL/RPAL and just a few days ago my 1st purchase came home:20130305_195843_2.jpg

Polytech CQ-A1 AR-15
2 x 30rd Mags (pinned at 5rd ea)
10 x 10rd LAR -15 Mags (coupled)

I am just waiting on my 1600rd box of ammo and I am going to break her in, hard. I would eventually like to add a quad rail with a vertical fore grip and a red dot/reflex sight, can anyone suggest one that is decent at a low cost? I am just getting going and don't want to drop huge bucks...Ideally I would like to keep my ironsights and mount the optic to my carry handle.

Last edited:
Just went to the local gun shop haven't been since the school shooting. There was 10 hand guns in stock before they had around 100 to 130 at all times with tons of ammo. The owner told me they can't keep ammo on the shelfs and people are buying guns like crazy. Told me he bought a skid of 9mm and it was gone in 2 days. Gotta love it!

After a couple months of waiting, I finally got my PAL/RPAL and just a few days ago my 1st purchase came home
2 x 30rd Mags (pinned at 5rd ea)
Is this required by law?

Nice weapon!

Is this required by law?

Nice weapon!

Thx Monk, ya its law up here in Canukleland lol All semi auto rifles (no full autos allowed) are limited to 5rd mags. They can have a larger capacity but must be pinned..The exception to this is with the Rock River Arms LAR-15 Mags. As the mags are designed for a pistol (10rd mag max.) ,but just so happen to fit a rifle they are legal to use. The pistol they are made for is essentially an AR-15 with a super short barrel and no extendable shoulder stock.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=231

Here is the actual quote regarding this from the RCMP Firearms website for those interested..

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/bulletins/bus-ent/20110323-72-eng.htm

4. Magazines designed for one firearm but used in a different firearm
The maximum permitted capacity of a magazine is determined by the kind of firearm it is designed or manufactured for use in and not the kind of firearm it might actually be used in. As a consequence, the maximum permitted capacity remains the same regardless of which firearm it might be used in.
Example:
The Marlin model 45 (Camp Carbine) rifle chambered for 45 Auto caliber uses magazines designed and manufactured for the Colt 1911 handgun, therefore the seven round and eight round capacities are permitted. A similar example is the 10 round capacity magazine for the Rock River Arms LAR-15 pistol, regardless of the kind of firearm it is actually used in.

Amazing....... It's basically allowing for more rounds on a weapon that would be more beneficial in concealment for ill gotten gains. Who writes these laws(USA included).

Anyway thx for the explanation, enjoy shooting your new weapon. I had a AR-15 in Laos, and pretty much only fired on 3 round burst, two twenty round mags. taped to flip, then found that that could cause feed to jam, and went back to single mags, just learned to place spares to reload quicker.

FE049C10-0026-4870-9F62-B43EF2EAC0EE-228-000000179D64EEDE.jpg

It's the Pro Carry. I have a stainless Pro Carry Raptor on the way. Should be here in June or July. There's an 8 month wait time on them right now!

It's the Pro Carry. I have a stainless Pro Carry Raptor on the way. Should be here in June or July. There's an 8 month wait time on them right now!
WHAT CALIBAR are they ?

Last edited:
Back