Photos -- Official Honda Civic Shift Knob Pics Thread --

im looking for the extender that matches the interior dark grey/black color. damn. lol.

Hey Gents,
I'm a newbie here. I've got a prob that some of ya'll might be able to help me with. I'm trying to remove the shift knob (metal on original gets too hot in Texas heat). I was able to pull the skirt down, but don't know how to remove the knob. I was able to twist (CCW) knob 1 rev but it is still tight. I don't want to mess it up, maybe knob is held by set screws and I'm just messing up the shaft??? Anyone done this yet on a 9th Gen Civic Si? I see Spicy's pic looks just like mine...how you do it Spicy?

it tightens down against the black collar underneath the shift knob. Hold it as you untwist the top knob.

yeah you almost have to twist the collar the knob apart. they are tight together, but once you get it started, it loosens right off.

i ordered the twm shift extender, and a few save the manuals things. will update when its installed.

Titanium finish FatBoy on a stock S2k!

fatboy_worlds_best_shiftknob_honda_s2000_jdm_heavy_countersunk_grfxp_grafixpressions.jpg

If I got a mugen knob, it'd have to be the Mugen SI piece.

A few years ago I had one of the older Mugen "Formula" knobs. I liked it a lot, but with the stock shifter it was difficult to get it to screw down far enough due to the hump in it. My current car has the JDM Mugen Quickshifter which has a straight post, so maybe I should think about picking up another one. :popcornbig:

im looking for the extender that matches the interior dark grey/black color. damn. lol.

I believe the TWM extender is, but make sure the one you bought is made of steel. I had an early Circuit Hero unit, but it was made of aluminium. It was difficult to put on/take off without using pliers of some sort, and since aluminium is soft it would get all scratched up during the process.

Titanium Finish FATBOYS are now in stock -- extremely limited supplies though!

fatboy_shift_knob_fat_boy_titanium_finish_hebi_bebi_countersunk_grfxp_grafixpressions.jpg

Click the link for more info and pics! http://grfxpstore.com/store/product/885037256

While I love my Fatboy it doesn't screw down quite far enough. With no effort at all it starts coming unscrewed during normal shifting. :sadface:

I believe the TWM extender is, but make sure the one you bought is made of steel. I had an early Circuit Hero unit, but it was made of aluminium. It was difficult to put on/take off without using pliers of some sort, and since aluminium is soft it would get all scratched up during the process.

While I love my Fatboy it doesn't screw down quite far enough. With no effort at all it starts coming unscrewed during normal shifting. :sadface:

I think the problem is with the stock 8th gen shifter shaft, the curve on it starts too early, the knob could actually screw down WAY lower, but the bend in the shaft prevents it. This is NOT an issue with 9thgens!

I think the problem is with the stock 8th gen shifter shaft, the curve on it starts too early, the knob could actually screw down WAY lower, but the bend in the shaft prevents it. This is NOT an issue with 9thgens!

You're correct about the OEM 8th gen shifter. However, I'm using the Type R Mugen Quickshifter, which unlike it's USDM counterpart, has a straight shifter stalk. :driving:

That shift knobs (although in a different color) is probably the only thing at all I would ever think about ordering from PWJDM. I just dislike them as a company. :bleh:
yea Iv heard a lot of bad stuff about them but they are the only one with the shift knob I want

Clunck

Back