Official Oregon Chat

what part of oregon are you from? Lived there your entire life?

I live in Hillsboro (Portland suburb). I help setup meets with the local 8th guys from time to time out here. If the weather behaves, we're actually having one on Sunday. Gotten to know a lot of great people IRL from 8th thanks to you.

I have driven through parts of oregon, but never went through portland. I hear weather can be pretty crazy at times. Have you ever been to mount bachelor, or know how far are you from there?

Mount bachelor is a good 4 hour drive from here. I've spent a lot of time in central Oregon though. I have family there.

The weather is just wet. When you've lived here long enough, you just accept it. It's worth it for all of the greenery we get, and realistically as far as what weather extremes you can have, it's pretty mild. It's just on the wet side instead of the dry side. Not too hot, not too cold, no hurricanes or tornados. The last 3 months have been solid 70's-90's and sunny. The weather is just finally starting to return to standard Oregon (wet, today it started sprinkling), so we're touch and go for this weekend..lol.

Wow we must suck in Oregon this thread is dead...oh well Im from Salem, 45 minutes south of Portland and just joined the site, checking in to see whats going on in my neck of the woods???

Back