Photos Official Put a face to your screen name

Since we're doing military pictures, here's a couple.

This is at my place in Fort Knox: my first duty station. My expression really indicates how thrilled I was to be there.
l_be4d49559ace6c0c460656a868d6db2b.jpg

This is a while later in Korea. I had a much better job by then.
3130380204_2f07acaed5_b.jpg

This is a while later in Korea. I had a much better job by then.
3130380204_2f07acaed5_b.jpg

Whoa....cool mask! That would intimidate the hell out of me. Reminds me of that video game HALO. Kind of reminds me of the Predator mask a bit too...........just needs dreads. :D

Last edited:
Ya, that's mostly what it did was look cool, but it was nice to have something shielding your face in the winter in Korea flying with your head out the window, which, believe it or not, was sometimes necessary. If it wasn't, I wouldn't have opened that window for anything. I don't care where you live: until you've flown in Korea in the winter, you don't know what cold is.

I started as a 19K. The Abrams was cool but the community wasn't. I started to put my WO packet together to fly Blackhawks and decided to reclass to 15T to get a good base of understanding of the airframe before I flew them. They say crew cheives make the best pilots, and after having been around them both, I have to agree. Anyway, after a little while of being a 15T, I realized that the Army was the Army no matter what job I had and I just wasn't ever going to fit in with what the Army is. I gave up on the WO packet and trying to get promoted at all and just rode out my time and tried not to get in trouble. I ended up at NTC for my final duty station at the Air Ambulance Detachment crewing on the Lakota (f*ck the Lakota). I was honorably discharged when my time was up in August of 2011. If I ever go back into the service, it probably won't be the Army and it definitely won't be without a commission. When the answer to every question I asked about something stupid we were doing (which was a daily occurance) was always, "because it's the Army," I knew there was no way I could make a career out of it.

I don't think I've met a girl named Mikey. Lol.

Back