Photos Official retrofit thread (pics and specs)

I actually have a brand new, unused set of 5five ballasts sitting in my room right now (along with an entire retrofit kit, including Morimoto D2S projectors, Gatling shrouds, and Morimoto 5000K bulbs) but I don't want to run the risk of melting stuff.

the d2s projectors wont fit unless you cut.. if you decide to cut, you should go with a better projector..

got ya.. yeah i thought you said you had h1s, so i went back to make sure.. why didnt you just exchange them?

I can certainly appreciate an opinion, especially one from a driver such as yourself. Would you mind stating, and perhaps elaborating on, any reasons as to why you find the Morimoto's to be better than the Matsushita's? I understand that they're potted already (although I've read somewhere that the Matsushitas are potted as well) and they are significantly cheaper and have a comparable heat up time. I'm more concerned with light output. I know that my FX projectors were of better quality than my mini H1's, but I really think the lack of output from my current retrofit is the result of a poor quality ballast (the DDM product), which, in all honestly, is worth about what I paid for it. If the Morimoto ballasts are equal in output when compared to the Matsushita, I would much rather save the money and hassle of getting the Matsushita ballasts.
Thank you, and overall I just feel as though the moris come from a more reputable company. The reviews are very good, and everything I've seen shows output as described, quick warm up times etc.

I don't think you'll end up getting as good of an output as the FX, but the DDM stuff is really awful, so there HAS to be some improvement.

Ya, the FX is tough to beat. In fact, I don't think anything measurably "better" exists than the FX projector. There are certainly equals, but even when compared to those equals, I'd prefer the FX units. If I ever do another retro, I'll be using them again, especially now seeing a real-world, first hand comparison between the mini H1's and the FX's.

got ya.. yeah i thought you said you had h1s, so i went back to make sure.. why didnt you just exchange them?
I ordered the kit I have now for my Bullitt on their Black Friday sale. I wasn't gonna try and exchange something I got at a great discount. I'll end up using for something at some point. I'll probably retro a friend's car and charge them what I paid for it, just cause its fun to do.

were your fx's oem, or the fx-r's that they sell (that you're saying you liked so much)?

fxs are nice.. the new great thing is the rx350bx.. im retroing some in an 8th gen right now.. ive also done some in a tundra.. those things have a nice high beam..

I've never seen the fx-r in person.... I've seen the fx in person.

they are pretty much the same.. the fx-r is just a replica and already comes with a clear lens installed

were your fx's oem, or the fx-r's that they sell (that you're saying you liked so much)?
They were OEM with the clear lenses. The FX-R's didn't exist, to my knowledge, when I bought my FX projectors. I remember seeing them way after I bought mine and thinking, "man, that would've been convenient!"

what blue honda emblem? i dont have a blue one.. i have stock ones..

youre talking about mikey6p.. he has blue ones.. not sure where he got his..

IMG_1005_6_7_fused.jpg

^^ this is mikey6p

mikey6p, scroll up a few posts. They want to know where you got the blue emblem

First set TSX w/clear lens and home made shroud

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1690copy.jpg

Added retro blazer fogs
IMG_7194.jpg

IMG_7196.jpg

IMG_7197.jpg

Current set, RX330 with e30 clear lens
Photo0067.jpg

Photo0068.jpg

4492162710_7224afc2e0_b.jpg

*disregard the license plate frame from a now unworthy site

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

Pics aren't the greatest, but all I've got for now.

Just some TSX projectors with MDX Shrouds and custom projector turn signals.

Back