Photos Official retrofit thread (pics and specs)

Will your wire harness will work with the h1 bulbs?

yeah.. like webby said, a relay harness is always recommended also.. ballasts are interchangable.. so he doesnt have to worry about that..

Those TRS harness's are worth the price tag. Very beefy and the added piece of mind of knowing that you won't burn up your OEM wiring is nice.

they arent required, but they are a really good idea. They isolate the HIDs from the car's electrical system, running straight off the battery lets ballasts run better, and its peace of mind. If you run ballasts straight off the stock wiring and something goes wrong with your electrical system, Honda would have every right to blame your ballasts and void your warranty

if I'm not mistaken, someone on 8th burned up their stock wiring with a set of HIDs. They were quoted something like a grand or more to have the wiring harness stuff replaced it burned. It's a cheap insurance policy on your stock wiring, but it's not required to get HIDs working.

Relays on mine burn up all the time. They are $7 at NAPA and I keep an extra in the glove box. $5 for better ones from TRS. Way cheaper than replacing anything else.

Are you running 55W or something? Ive never had a relay go on me except one that had water get into it

No, they just seem to be junk! The first one lasted a long time until water got in it. After that all the NAPA ones seem to burn up quick. Passenger side light likes to go out but if I go under the hood and squeeze the relay connection back together real hard it comes back on. Also it seems like every time I buy two they always look different from each other and different from the one they are replacing. Numbers and circuit indicator on the housing is identical though.

I just ordered some new ones from TRS. Dunno why I didn't think to look there before. I also get shocked a lot getting out of my car! wth...

I've replaced 2 relays, but water got to them. That was over the course of like 5yrs though.

I had one that was from radioshack that got water in it and gave up, i dont remember where i bought the replacement but it was a fully weather sealed, hasnt let me down yet

I think mine started with issues between the relay and the wires that connect (harness). Water/humidity/weather started to corrode things at the connection.

wire.png

when I replaced it, I mounted the relay in a better spot, and taped it all up.

yikes, i dont have pictures but i had water get into the relay itself and rust the internal workings enough to trip it constantly on, i wasnt home to notice it and came back from a vacation to no fogs and a dead battery

I think mine started with issues between the relay and the wires that connect (harness). Water/humidity/weather started to corrode things at the connection.

wire.png

when I replaced it, I mounted the relay in a better spot, and taped it all up.
Same thing happened to cheaper relay wiring in my vehicle.

I feel like LED strips are getting played out, but at least no one I see has blue......
RX330's w/color mod lenses, gatling shrouds.

editpreviewj.jpg
Where did you find these? And they dont have to be blue right? I really like the look of these. The blue looks cool but I think that cops are super anal around here about any blue or red lights on your car.

Where did you find these? And they dont have to be blue right? I really like the look of these. The blue looks cool but I think that cops are super anal around here about any blue or red lights on your car.
In another thread he said customlightz.com did them. They could do whatever you wanted as each retrofit is done to order.

Back