Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

@webby - That I did not. Honestly didn't think it was going to work out, so I didn't document it that much.

Long and short of it, extra set of fog light bezels and accord fogs(with trim) from ebay, then bondo, jb plastic weld, chicken wire, wood glue(seals the foam) and spray foam, and 10% matte clear coat. Add beers and lots of patience with the aiming and sculpting. Oh and did I mention sanding, LOTS of sanding. Ha

I might have a photo or two of the work in progress. If I find them I'll make a new thread with a partial DIY.
Not in that order of coarse.

@webby - That I did not. Honestly didn't think it was going to work out, so I didn't document it that much.

Long and short of it, extra set of fog light bezels and accord fogs(with trim) from ebay, then bondo, jb plastic weld, chicken wire, wood glue(seals the foam) and spray foam, and 10% matte clear coat. Add beers and lots of patience with the aiming and sculpting. Oh and did I mention sanding, LOTS of sanding. Ha

I might have a photo or two of the work in progress. If I find them I'll make a new thread with a partial DIY.
Not in that order of coarse.

Nice work man....

Removed torsion spring and replaced with lift supports.

436e89e85dd54d48cbe7662e79ef92e4.jpg

3059b1578cf48671d767702e5c9c1c50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did I do today? Nothing.

Car hasn't even been started since 1/25. It's been a sad couple of weeks for the poor Civic. If it was the stock battery in the car, I'd say it wouldn't start. But that battery died a couple of years ago.

Got my baby back yesterday. Collision center did a bang up job, looks pretty good. However, there is so much corrosion built up on my rotors that they feel warped since they sat out in the elements for a month.

Lesson learned: Don't get insurance through The General, they are generally incompetent. (Not my insurance company, but the guy who hit me.) I'll follow up with pics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Got my baby back yesterday. Collision center did a bang up job, looks pretty good. However, there is so much corrosion built up on my rotors that they feel warped since they sat out in the elements for a month.

Lesson learned: Don't get insurance through The General, they are generally incompetent. (Not my insurance company, but the guy who hit me.) I'll follow up with pics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I forgot to post this. I did a retrofit using mini H1s with Iron Man shrouds from iJDMToy and 55W 5000K H1 HIDs from DDM Tuning.

The shrouds required cutting since they were too big for the housing. I didn't want the gatling gun shrouds since 99% of retrofit owners have them. Lol.

Retrofitting was easier than I thought. The only time consuming part was aligning the light. I didn't put new ribbon sealant. The heatgun did the trick to resealing the old sealant in the headlights.
IMG_20170203_165300775.jpg IMG_20170215_155635703.jpg IMG_20170215_155623672.jpg IMG_20170215_185530972.jpg IMG_20170215_185638873.jpg

<---Retrofits a car when it's already 10 years old (I'm the only owner). :giggle:

Back